GDT:SDSU vs. WIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU vs. WIU

FINAL. SDSU 67, WIU 66. Paluch with a layup with :03 seconds left and Jacks win with 27 turnovers.

Comment

like I said before the play with panic. sorry to say but I do not see a 6th conference championship unless this teams starts playing with their heads and control the situation instead of just hoping they can come out of it alive. quit listening in the first half couldn't take it anymore.

Comment

Leathernecks get to the line 15 more times than Jackrabbits. However, the Jackrabbits get 17 offensive rebounds must have been difference. The bench shoots 5-21 from the field tonight and the Jackrabbits shoot 37.7% as a team which is disappointing after last week It is a win on the road and that is good even though it was ugly.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The last 6 games our three point shooting has been abysmal,...25% at MTSU,...14.3 % at UALR,...22.2% at ND, at home IUPUI....27.8% ,home FW....23.5%,at W.Ill...23.1%.What used to be a strength,has turned into a weakness.It's hard to score inside when a team doesn't respect your perimeter scoring.The whole game suffers and becomes a struggle.Three games have been wins regardless,one on the road,a testament to our women fighting hard,wish it could be easier for them.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            like I said before the play with panic. sorry to say but I do not see a 6th conference championship unless this teams starts playing with their heads and control the situation instead of just hoping they can come out of it alive. quit listening in the first half couldn't take it anymore.
            After some of the OOC games, I can certainly appreciate the reducing the volume on the game. However, when I watched IPFW go 14-0 against the Jackrabbits in the beginning of the game last Saturday it was clear that they were not out of the conference game. It may have not been as confident on the road as at home, but the women stayed on the floor and earned a chance to win the game against the Leathernecks. Much like the game at IPFW last year, this game against Western and Saturday's game against IPFW prove that the game can still be won when things are not going well. I still prefer the games they lead wire to wire for the victory, but I will not feel bad about winning ugly on the road. Western women had their second largest crowd since joining D1 to watch last night's game. Their women were probably pumped to see that many fans as well.
            Last edited by OldHare; 01-17-2014, 12:57 PM. Reason: change iupui to ipfw
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              After some of the OOC games, I can certainly appreciate the reducing the volume on the game. However, when I watched IPFW go 14-0 against the Jackrabbits in the beginning of the game last Saturday it was clear that they were not out of the conference game. It may have not been as confident on the road as at home, but the women stayed on the floor and earned a chance to win the game against the Leathernecks. Much like the game at IUPUI last year, this game against Western and Saturday's game against IPFW prove that the game can still be won when things are not going well. I still prefer the games they lead wire to wire for the victory, but I will not feel bad about winning ugly on the road. Western women had their second largest crowd since joining D1 to watch last night's game. Their women were probably pumped to see that many fans as well.

Clearly a lot tougher team than given credit for ,didn't fold last two games despite the adversity.
              Shooting slump preventing them from their more accustomed winning more easily style.Its just more nerve racking for the fan to win these types of games,we might have become a bit spoiled....hang in there Sturgis Jeff.

Comment

maybe its not, but it seems like the 3 use to be a strength of SDSU, like we could set records with how many 3s we make in a game the last decade or so, now the last couple years seems to be a weakness of ours. I mean when you have a Rotert and or Young who can shoot 50ish% from anywhere behind the 3 pt line that helps, but the teams 3pt % has to be down overall. With out looking I would assume our best 3Pt shooter is around 40 percent and most everyone mid 30s if we are lucky. A few years ago seemed we had 3 who were shooting 40% or more and many still in the mid to high 30% on 3s. I feel we are taller and more depth in the post, but overall the athletisism is about the same, but the shooting is rough. We still turn the ball over way to much for teams and players that are as good as we have. Thats just something AJs teams have struggled with pretty much his whole time as a HC, if they could find a way to lower that TO number from 20s down to 10 or so, we would really be doing better then the scores, record show, and its frustrating because what i have seen/read is many of those TO are more self inflicted unforced type.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm hanging in there and deep down I know thwy will turn it around. They arent just missing the three, how many times have they missed the close in three to five foot shot or easy lay up. A ton. AJ tweeted today that they did just enough to getby and win. Quality top teams dont settle for "just enough" they go for more than enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X