A classic! SDSU v MN 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A classic! SDSU v MN 2007

Tonight's Jackrabbit Insider features a condensed replay of the SDSU at Minnesota game in January of 2007. It's still exciting to watch that team. We won 59-58 in a buzzer beater --- or some would say it wasn't! That year the team ended its season with WNIT wins over Illinois State and Indiana and then a loss at Wyoming.

That 06-07 team was an excellent team!

Re: A classic! SDSU v MN 2007

My wife and I are debating the outcome of this year's squad against the 06-07 team. The 06-07 team looks very quick, plays tenacious D and has a lot of weapons on display at Williams Arena. (Added later: Probably not fair to compare the squads. It is clear from the replay of the 2007 game that a lot of the tough defense would be called as a foul by the refs this season under the rule changes.)

Comment

If you missed tonight's Jackrabbit Insider, find it on the web and watch that replay. Verdigan shot 5 of 5 from outside the arc! Maria Boever's last split-second shot was controversial and resulted in a NCAA rule adjustment about the game clock and when the red light goes on. That team then went on a 14-game win streak.

Comment

I know Vogel was the fan favorite in the early years of transition (for good reason), but Verdegan was my "favorite" Jack on that team. She was such a great PG.

That team had a lot of wins vs big names along with the Minnesota win. USC, Kansas, Colorado, Alabama, to name a few.

Those two WNIT games remain two of probably the top 5 most fun environments I've been in at Frost.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          I know Vogel was the fan favorite in the early years of transition (for good reason), but Verdegan was my "favorite" Jack on that team. She was such a great PG.

That team had a lot of wins vs big names along with the Minnesota win. USC, Kansas, Colorado, Alabama, to name a few.

Those two WNIT games remain two of probably the top 5 most fun environments I've been in at Frost.
          Agreed. Those wnit games were great crowds some of the best mens or womens I have ever seen at sdsu.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
          X