GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. UALR Trojans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. UALR Trojans

27 turnovers again...hope we're not stuck on that number.
    High scorers for the game,Chynna Stevens (22 min) and Ratchel Walters (in 13 min of play) with 8 each.Congrats to them,first time high scorers for a game i believe for both.

We were out rebounded 31-25....watched ND game,they hit the boards hard on every shot,and stick with the play on missed shots til it goes in the hoop or is secured by the other team and headed back.
    UALR only took 4 3pt shots (made one),so they beat us without counting on any help from the perimeter,inside defense must be a weakness on our part .Correction,points in the paint was fairly even,it was points off TO's that killed us,again.Two gameswith 27 TO's each,two blowout losses . Nd 's got perimeter shooters who can shoot for high percentages,so we will have to watch them,but they have tough inside players too.If we can't handle the Trojans,don't think we'll fare too well against the ND Irish.
    ND's got 6-3 forwards extremely mobile and quick,they can jump .Jewel Loyd (5-10 G)is a beast,we might not have anyone who can stay with her on defense.For those who like athletic, she's the real deal.Looks like they play 2 forwards and three gaurds .

We only have a couple days to practice,hope we make the most of it,especially after this game,instead of just tweaking the offense , we have to re-invent some offense.We will want to rebound well and keep them away from getting offensive rebounds,they're a killer,resets the clock and tires you out playing more defense after you felt good about defending for a missed shot,psychologically deflating,better to just keep them out.Hope we aquire the snipers mentality on 3 pt shots....one shot,one bucket.

ND had a little bit of a tough time with Oregon State tonight ,eventually pulling out a 70-58 win,part of the troubles being blocked 9 times by 6-6 soph center for the Ducks Ruth Hamblin,I don't think they'd like Hamson of BYU much either.ND got 17 offensive rebounds in this game tonight.

I'll be glad when we get to conference games ,OOC has been long tough haul,only one more game.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-29-2013, 10:57 PM. Reason: keeps growing in length

Comment

I hate to be too optimistic after today's game, but I heard many predict prior to the season that they did not think .500 was possible with the schedule stacked as it was. The conference is next week and we should expect good things on that stage. Go jacks!!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

True. I thought .500 OOC would be tough and the team is definitely still a strong favorite in the Summit. There will be good times ahead for us fans.

For me, it's just that the Penn State win sparked visions of grandeur regarding where the team might be headed on a larger level than the Summit. Making noise in the polls and getting a decent NCAA seed seemed possible 10 days ago. Two blowouts to teams that are no more than "pretty good" nationally changed that in a hurry. Hopefully they learned a few things from the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          True. I thought .500 OOC would be tough and the team is definitely still a strong favorite in the Summit. There will be good times ahead for us fans.

For me, it's just that the Penn State win sparked visions of grandeur regarding where the team might be headed on a larger level than the Summit. Making noise in the polls and getting a decent NCAA seed seemed possible 10 days ago. Two blowouts to teams that are no more than "pretty good" nationally changed that in a hurry. Hopefully they learned a few things from the experience.
          The key is that when you play a team that is "pretty good" on their home floor things like this can happen...I am sure that the Penn State fanbase had the same reaction when they lost to SDSU at Frost. Playing on the road is always going to be difficult and unpredictable. Personally, I am not concerned with polls, rankings, or out of conference records. Anything that isn't conference season is "preseason" for me. As long as these games get the team prepared for the conference season and tournament then I don't get too upset.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Wow! We play lots of young players all the time. This was embarrassing. I really found it difficult to continue to listen. I do not understand how this team can beat the likes of Penn State, George Town ect ;and completely lay an egg against a similar opponent like UALR? ND up next! Hope we can complete at ND.

I was not sure we were going to get into double digits in the first half. Somehow, some way Coach Johnston will get this team playing better - especially on the road.

GBGBGJ
            Yes, AJ has always played a lot of young players... and his teams have been inconsistent in their out-of-conference schedule for years, too, particularly in road games.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              The key is that when you play a team that is "pretty good" on their home floor things like this can happen...I am sure that the Penn State fanbase had the same reaction when they lost to SDSU at Frost. Playing on the road is always going to be difficult and unpredictable. Personally, I am not concerned with polls, rankings, or out of conference records. Anything that isn't conference season is "preseason" for me. As long as these games get the team prepared for the conference season and tournament then I don't get too upset.
              Sure would be nice to get something better than a 13 seed some year though. That's not gonna happen unless we get dominate in the OOC portion or our schedule. When you get beat by 20+ points by these teams it's looked at as a "bad loss".

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Sure would be nice to get something better than a 13 seed some year though. That's not gonna happen unless we get dominate in the OOC portion or our schedule. When you get beat by 20+ points by these teams it's looked at as a "bad loss".
                Any loss for a mid major is a bad loss when it comes to seeding. Even losing to a Stanford of a Notre Dame still gives the committee an "out" when it comes to seeding to let the bigger schools eat up those single digit seed. The Jacks have to perform in the tourney to show that they deserve a higher seed, and they probably won't get those performances until they get a higher seed. Thus begins the "chicken and the egg" argument.

That being said, it seems that AJ and the WBB team don't schedule OOC so that they can rack up wins, which I enjoy. We all know that the Summit isn't going to expose the team to what they might face in the tournament, so they need to gain that experience from somewhere. That is why I don't get too bent out of shape over these games. Would I have liked to see them win? Yes. But I also know that the conference season is more important.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Any word on Hanna Strops injury? Hope she's recovering well.

Comment

I see the Irish have a link for watching the game on Thursday. I am not sure if it is free.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                    X