• Show
Clear All

• How is this for a front page on ESPNW

http://espn.go.com/womens-basketball/

Nice!

The story

http://espn.go.com/ncw/notebook/_/pa...-biggest-upset

Re: How is this for a front page on ESPNW

Wow. That's publicity like we have not seen since the 08-09 season. I wonder if we'll see them get some votes in the main poll if this team keeps winning. A few of the losses have been lopsided, but they were to quality teams.

Comment

I'll sacrifice getting an AP/Coaches poll top 25, for getting an at-large should Jacks need it. Jacks SHOULD win the SUmmit League auto-bid for the record 6th straight season, but one bad game in Sioux Falls could derail.

IUPUI gave Indiana a good battle, but came up 6 Free Throws short AT IUPUI's Jungle (IMHO, a hideous small basketball venue even Brookings HS wouldn't be happy with). But the key is they are not shabby. IPFW knocked out then #18th rated MI St. USD is playing fairly well.

Other than at Notre Dame, Jacks should be within the home court margin for all their remaining OOC games.

Really impressed with what the Frosh Trio (K Young, Ober, Corneman) are bringing to the games.
      Last edited by rabidrabbit; 12-16-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        I'll scarifice getting an AP/Coaches poll top 25, for getting an at-large should Jacks need it. Jacks SHOULD win the SUmmit League auto-bid for the record 6th straight season, but one bad game in Sioux Falls could derail.

IUPUI gave Indiana a good battle, but came up 6 Free Throws short AT IUPUI's Jungle (IMHO, a hideous small basketball venue even Brookings HS wouldn't be happy with). But the key is they are not shabby. IPFW knocked out then #18th rated MI St. USD is playing fairly well.

Other than at Notre Dame, Jacks should be within the home court margin for all their remaining OOC games.

Really impressed with what the Frosh Trio (K Young, Ober, Corneman) are bringing to the games.
        Cornemann is a Soph. Maybe you are thinking of Chynna Stevens, as she is the only other frosh to see time besides Young and Ober.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Chynna had some good minutes down under the basket on D and rebounding. Not a herd of points, but she really helped spell Megan W.

Megan W. had an "off" day vs CMU. Two of her fouls were really questionable as to whether she "earned" them.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            I'll scarifice getting an AP/Coaches poll top 25, for getting an at-large should Jacks need it. Jacks SHOULD win the SUmmit League auto-bid for the record 6th straight season, but one bad game in Sioux Falls could derail.

The only way the Jacks are even considered for an at-large is if their only loss the rest of the way would be in the conference tournament. And, even that may be wishful thinking. No matter how much we think that the conference is improved, any loss to those teams would still do mortal damage to tournament seeding/at large bids
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

How is this for a front page on ESPNW

Agreed. There's still probably zero room for error when hoping for an at-large bid in the Summit. Though they are good mid-major teams, losses to Creighton and FGCU were probably enough to mean that there is only one way left to get to the NCAA tournament. How about we go that route for a sixth consecutive year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I would also say that having the same team represent the conference 6 straight years is a double edged sword. In some people's minds it is all about how great and consistent SDSU has been...but therr could also be a thought by some that shows it isnt a talent rich conference.

Either way you see it, I enjoy the way we've always done it. Don't leave your fate up to a bunch of folks that have no idea about the team.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Summit league is a one bid, autobid only conference in both men's and women's basketball. No at large, no chance, not happening. Have to win the conference tourney if you want to appear in the big dance. Publicity is great, love reading about the Jackrabbits on national outlets.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Summit league is a one bid, autobid only conference in both men's and women's basketball. No at large, no chance, not happening. Have to win the conference tourney if you want to appear in the big dance. Publicity is great, love reading about the Jackrabbits on national outlets.
                    Never say never, but realistically the only way the Summit gets two bids is if in the same season, two schools' teams both go out and have seasons that look a lot like the SDSU womens' 32-3 season of 2008-09.

It could happen, yes. Likely? No.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                    X