GDT: CMU Chippewas vs. SDSU Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: CMU Chippewas vs. SDSU Jackrabbits

CMU has not had a game for 10 days. They should be well rested. They have a 3-4 record. The 4 losses of the #17 mid major include Kansas, Kentucky, Marquette, and Duke. We can remember last year's drubbing at their place(88-62). We should match up well in size and the Chippewas will play a deep bench. Hopefully the locals will attend this early afternoon event. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: CMU Chippewas vs. SDSU Jackrabbits

A win here would wrap up a very nice 5-day stretch for SDSU basketball and boost the women's place in the MM poll. We should be set to make a big jump up from 24 if we get this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not certain, but today may be the Shriner game. I did not find any reference for that game this year. 1 pm tipoff so I had better get on the move.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

These are two assertive (aggressive?) teams. Jacks aren't hitting their 3's worth beans. Jacks are up 2 @6:43 in half, R. Walters to line for 1n1. Gets 1

Comment

Bradford for CMU is a lanky, skilled, great body control. She's a difference maker. Rabbits need to keep her under wraps.

Jacks up 2 with 4 mins to half. CMU 9 fouls. SDSU 6.

Comment

Young with back to back 3s to open up a 6 point lead with 1:40 left in the first.

Comment

38-35 Jacks at halftime.

Comment

Half Jacks 38, Chips 35

Comment

This is a battle. CMU is solid - probably much better than any Summit team. Bradford looks like she should be playing in the Big 10 and she has plenty of help. Going to have to earn a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some half stats: SDSU shooting 44.4 percent and giving up 42.9 ... Boards even at 20-all ... CMU plus-2 in TO margin ... CMU 11 of 18 inside the arc and 4 of 17 outside of it ... Bradford with 12 and 10 already; Young leads SDSU with 10 points and 4 steals.

TV has his chat going (Thanks TV!) and is about 40 sec., one min ahead of my Jackrabbits Extra.

Only sent CMU to line twice in first half.

Jacks are playing a tough team tough. Should be an entertaining 2nd half.

It is the Shriner game.

Comment

I only caught the last five minutes of the half, but we had a bunch of sloppy possessions. CMU was doing a terrible job rotating when we were reversing the ball along the perimeter. Young got two open looks and hit them for those 3s, but she had a third wide open look nullified due to a charge on the other side of the court and Strop missed her open look but Ober got the offensive rebound and promptly threw the ball into the hands of her defenders. We had two fast breaks but didn't have numbers and we should have slowed down to set up the offense, but the first resulted in a charge and the second we tried slow it down briefly but then passed it into a trailer (Young I think) who took a quick shot and missed. Both of those came from good defensive stops, a steal on one for sure and maybe on the other one, but 0 points.

Comment

Best attendance so far this week, 2100 something.

Comment

Ober off with twisted? ankle or knee. At 15:35 Jacks down 1 46-47

Comment

Young with two consecutive fast break layups with fouls. She got the rebound on the last one and took it all the way.

Comment

Kerri Young is having a heck of game. Tied with Bradford for most points in game @ 19.

Doggone nice game by a frosh.

Jacks up 60-54 @ under 12 TO.

Comment

Working...
                              X