GDT: SDSU vs. FGCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs. FGCU

What's weird is we gave Stanford,our toughest opponent,less TO's and didn't let them get as many steals as we did the other two games we supposedly matched up with better.We had 26 to's and lost the ball on steals 15 times to FGCU.Stanford numbers,23 TO's AND 14 steals lost.TCU ,24 TO's and 19 steals lost.Hard to keep up when your losing the ball all the time.No wonder we got so far behind.Our team worked hard for the TCU win though,despite TO's and ball possessions stolen.

Just for fun, i discounted the turnover margin,so TO's were dead even,took our combined TO'S and steals we would get back (the margin only,theirs minus ours) times .4 (40%) to figure how many possessions we would score on shooting 40% (what we were shooting)( and multiplied x 2 pt shots)added this to our score for the actual game scores for the Stanford and FGCU games respectively.Did this for the Stanford and FGCU games.We would have lost to Stanford by 5 Pts and FGCU by 2 pts.I realize you can't figure this way,but it does show how much TO's make a difference in a game.This also doesn't take into account we made the TO's because we couldn't get the ball past their tough defense,fouls not called(called a steal instead,you know ,hack arms or hands),luck of the bounce, and the heart ,desire, effort ,etc....and other intangibles.I threw out TCU because both teams shot horribly and we won that one anyway.I was bored....sorry.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-29-2013, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Re: GDT: SDSU vs. FGCU

The difference between top ten teams and the rest is consistency.Top ten teams rarely ever go more than two or three possessions without scoring points in some way,shape,or form.Teams can't match that scoring ,so they keep falling behind.They also are hard to score against besides,because they are so athletic on defense,compounding the scoring problem.We have to figure out how to get good shots off without putting at risk our passes being turned over
      or stolen against great athletes.We found out how hard that is to do,but we're still learning and we'll get there eventually.This is why we play the tough opponents,sometimes learning is painful to endure,but in the long run,the team will be much better prepared for the next big test.

Comment

Working...
      X