GDT: SDSU vs. Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU vs. Creighton

Did Megan Stuart play in the second half ? She was one of the more effective inside players in the first 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Waytashek looses the ball out of bounds. Creighton ball. :34.9 seconds left. Jacks foul right away.

:33.6 seconds left. 61-59 Creighton.
      The same play that won against E. Mich last year,only this time Waytashek was guarded close,so pass off her fingers out of reach and goes out of bounds.She would have had a terrible shot even if she saved it.

Comment

This team just isn't playing fundamentally sound basketball at this point. Too many turnovers , can't finish inside or at the free throw line and bad interior defense. BYU had more talent , but this was certainly a winnable game. Need to get some home cooking and get things turned around.

Comment

Missed too many FTs and short jumpers. Turned it over at crunch time and played a zone defense against a great shooting team with 1 point lead and a minute left. End result, loss. This team has potential and should be able to realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            This team just isn't playing fundamentally sound basketball at this point. Too many turnovers , can't finish inside or at the free throw line and bad interior defense. BYU had more talent , but this was certainly a winnable game. Need to get some home cooking and get things turned around.
            Agree that home cooking will help. Next three games are extremely winnable including a game against a very below average UNI team. Should be 3-2.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Did Megan Stuart play in the second half ? She was one of the more effective inside players in the first 20 minutes.
              She had 7 pts in 11 min...one of the better productions of points for minutes played for the game for us. I alway's thought Megan produced well for the limited time she sees the floor.There are other contributions a player can make, besides scoring , but thats one thing i always look at,how much does the player help the team for their minutes on the court.I think Tera helps us alot when she returns to action.

Creighton was one team we could actually play taller players (except for 6-3 player) against in our OOC schedule,still didn't help.Janning from Creighton is listed 5-8,seems like we could put 6 ft player on her to take away her three point threat who could stay on her.

Somebody's going to wish we didn't put it all together one of these games,I hope it's soon.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-12-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I watched the game and one thing I have taken away from the first two games, we are a significantly better team when Gabby is on the floor. I love Steph's heart, too. She seems to want the ball and was the only person on the court I felt was actively looking for shots. I felt that the team made big improvements from Game on 1 to game 2. Make the FTs down the stretch and this is different outcome. The only thing that troubles me is the team seems to be struggling to get comfortable shooting. Not sure what the final percentage was but bet it was in the 30s (correction, losing a game we should have won bothers me too )

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                  I watched the game and one thing I have taken away from the first two games, we are a significantly better team when Gabby is on the floor. I love Steph's heart, too. She seems to want the ball and was the only person on the court I felt was actively looking for shots. I felt that the team made big improvements from Game on 1 to game 2. Make the FTs down the stretch and this is different outcome. The only thing that troubles me is the team seems to be struggling to get comfortable shooting. Not sure what the final percentage was but bet it was in the 30s (correction, losing a game we should have won bothers me too )
                  Totally agree about Gabby,great PG.
                  Clarin will be the biggest threat against opposing bigs if she can develop her short shot,she's big enough,mobile and agile ,and, IMO not that far off with her shots,they start to fall and we're a much more dangeruos team with lots more scoring options we can throw at someone,the one she shot over Hamson early in the BYU game was so close...hair bit too long,little too flat trajectory, and hit the heel of the rim....a couple of makes by Clarin on Hamson and.........might have been different game. We would have shown inside scoring threat.
                  Stuarts more strong physically and can muscle her way to the bucket.Ober's going to be great.Strops 3 point threat and good rebounder.Walters didn't play,thought she could counter Janning a little,maybe needs to work on her defense a little ? AJ played 9 players .

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Totally agree about Gabby,great PG.
                    Clarin will be the biggest threat against opposing bigs if she can develop her short shot,she's big enough,mobile and agile ,and, IMO not that far off with her shots,they start to fall and we're a much more dangeruos team with lots more scoring options we can throw at someone,the one she shot over Hamson early in the BYU game was so close...hair bit too long,little too flat trajectory, and hit the heel of the rim....a couple of makes by Clarin on Hamson and.........might have been different game. We would have shown inside scoring threat.
                    Stuarts more strong physically and can muscle her way to the bucket.Ober's going to be great.Strops 3 point threat and good rebounder.Walters didn't play,thought she could counter Janning a little,maybe needs to work on her defense a little ? AJ played 9 players .
                    I have a great deal of concern about Walters and Strop on defense. I see them both as spot up 3-point shooters, liabilities otherwise. I know that sounds harsh and I know AJ is committed to Hannah. I'd like to see more of Stuart and Ober, both are much better with their backs to the basket.

Big picture? Build this team up to win another Summit league championship. OOC wins over BCS schools are great, the more the better. Fact is an auto-bid from the Summit League is not a reality at this time, it isn't going to happen. So, work the kinks out against really good competition in preparation for the conference season. Keep a positive attitude while making tough decisions about the best players and who needs to be on the court. I think getting Heiser back will help tremendously. Georgetown is next, wish I could be there.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Missed too many FTs and short jumpers. Turned it over at crunch time and played a zone defense against a great shooting team with 1 point lead and a minute left. End result, loss. This team has potential and should be able to realize it.
                      Couldn't quite figure that one out. Was at the game with my brother. When we went zone that possession (as we did off and on throughout the night), I looked at my brother and said..."here comes a wide open 3 ptr..." I gotta think A.J. was just trying something new since it was an OOC game. But...holy cow...this team could be scary good come March. What's Filbert always say..."I think we'll be alright..."
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

One more thing,the team works their behind's off to finish +6 on rebounds,give it all back and then some with eight more turnovers.This is a problem.
                        Creighton only had nine TO's for the game,outstanding.This is one of the reasons why they do well.

Strops 8 rebounds(team high) were a big part in keeping us in the game.As alluded to earlier, there's a dilemma here,one score's better in the paint (Stuart), one rebounds better (Strop),maybe they can both work at their weakness and a difficult substitution decision becomes less difficult.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-13-2013, 12:25 PM. Reason: i tend to get too wordy,deleted drivel

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          One more thing,the team works their behind's off to finish +6 on rebounds,give it all back and then some with eight more turnovers.This is a problem.
                          Creighton only had nine TO's for the game,outstanding.This is one of the reasons why they do well.

Strops 8 rebounds(team high) were a big part in keeping us in the game.As alluded to earlier, there's a dilemma here,one score's better in the paint (Stuart), one rebounds better (Strop),maybe they can both work at their weakness and a difficult substitution decision becomes less difficult.
                          +13 actually
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            +13 actually
                            Not so bad then,but,still prefer they didn't give any back in the form of turnovers.

Comment

Our next game against Georgetown,we should be aware of this tactic,caught on video....

link:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...24--ncaab.html

Comment

Creighton got another good win at home last night , beating Minnesota , who is picked to finish 4th in the Big Ten by 11 points.

Comment

Working...
                                X