Hottest players after two exhibition games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottest players after two exhibition games

I was curious as to who were the top scorers during our recently completed exhibition season.If you wanted to start the top five and hope to bury a team before they realized what happened,you'd put (1) Megan Waytashek 18.5 ppg,Mariah Clarin 19 ppg (1 game},Kerry Young (2) 16.5 ppg ,Clarissa Ober (3) 13.5 ppg,all the others were single didgits,with the highest being Megan Stewart (4) with 8.5 ppg.

That's a whole lot of scoring potential to throw at a team.

Wouldn't really have a true point guard though,and yea,Boevers back! Love the all business look of determination,concentration on her face,except the time she made the backwards flying through the air lay up against IPFW.She had to bust out in a huge smile after that circus shot. You'd have three post players playing without the good entry passing that allowed for their points in the first place,although both Waytashek and Young are excellent passers.

Probably wouldn't work,but it'd be intriguing to watch and see what happens,if you had a game you could afford that luxury.You might want a little more threat outside,but you sure could pound it inside with that line up,but,unfortunately,thats what they'd probably do,just clog the middle.You could post two up(high,low)set some screens and have one flow through for a quick pass.I think a lineup that spreads the floor is best,but we haven't got our three point shooting on track yet...it did go up from a dismal 23.5 % to 31.6%,would like to see it around36- 38% or > to really force them out and spread the floor ,it's comming along.Alot of these points are transition points,which will be harder to get with improved competition.

Every player has so much potential on this team it's really a shame any of them have to sit and wait their turn on the floor, but they're all un-selfish and willing to do that,and that's why in my opinion we've won five straight conference tournaments and trips to the NCAA tournament.It doesn't matter who scores,its just fun to watch this team,they play so well together and share the ball.They are all capable scorers,makes this team hard to beat.So,...step on the gas...let's see how fast this jalopy can go!!!

Have to mention the coaching staff,AJ's leadership and guidance,love watching coach Falco and Nord,their energy ,always cheering on the team along the sideline,I get a kick out of watching their feistiness on the game replays.

It's not going to be easy getting points in the paint against taller ,athletic line ups ,like 6'4" Ogwumike (Forward) of Stanford,but having three taller players in the line up ,one might sneak in for an open shot....Stewart can hit three's...that helps,so can Ober.Mariah's just quick and agile and gets her shot off.Just a side mention...Ogwumike scored 805 points last season...wow...how to stop that?She'll be a top pick,if not #1 in WNBA.Enough of borish rant.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-04-2013, 12:37 PM.

Re: Hottest players...who's got the hot hand

We will see how the women play against 6'7" Hanson from BYU on Friday. I am hoping she will not block 6 shots and get 12 rebounds. She averaged 22.5 pts in the first 2 games as well. She played 33 minutes the first exhibition game and 20 in the second game. This should be a good test for our (medium) bigs. Hanson will probably play more minutes against the Jackrabbits and maybe her early season conditioning is not optimum for big minutes yet.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Re: Hottest players...who's got the hot hand

She's not very mobile,so we might score before she even gets in defensive position,we play fast.Put our best leaper fronting her maybe?She makes me think she's what a senior Savannah Trapp (Esko,Minn 6"8",committed to UCLA)might be like.

I think we win this game in spite of her (Hamson's) presence for some reason.In their exhibition against the NCAA Div 2 elite 8 finalist last yr, and they were down 15,rallyed to win.Big loss to graduation of their point guard ,Steed,that'll take some getting used to for them,glad we scheduled them early.

Their last yrs schedule,nothing jumps out at me.Best win, Pac 12 Arizona by 14? Best close loss to Creighton by3? Maybe she (6' 7" Hamson,BYU )bothered Creighton a little with her height ?

I think the outcome depends more on how we play than how well she does,unless she goes nuts scoring.Watch out for Eaton also,top returning scorer.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-05-2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X