Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13-14 Projections

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...44&SPSID=64553

From the 13-14 schedules, Jacks are incredibly challenged.

My projections for the WBB are as follows -
    22-8 regular season
    13-1 Summit (#1 seed)
    3-0 Summit tourney
    1-1 NCAA's (finally pull upset of a #5 seed) Hope Jacks get either Iowa or Iowa St. sites for first round.

BYU, Creighton, Stanford, Mid TN, Penn St, UWGB, and Notre Dame are the 7 OOC losses.
    Either USD or IUPUI win their home games.

If Jacks can get to Dec. with only 1 loss, IMHO, cracks top 25. IF (huge) knock off Stanford, we could be looking at GREAT SEASON (2008/09 or better quality). This team is primed to go, and has a lot of interchangeable, high quality parts. Should be EXCITING!!!

Re: 13-14 Projections

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

22-8 regular season
    13-1 Summit (#1 seed)
    3-0 Summit tourney
    1-1 NCAA's (finally pull upset of a #5 seed) Hope Jacks get either Iowa or Iowa St. sites for first round.

BYU, Creighton, Stanford, Mid TN, Penn St, UWGB, and Notre Dame are the 7 OOC losses.

If Jacks can get to Dec. with only 1 loss, IMHO, cracks top 25. IF (huge) knock off Stanford, we could be looking at GREAT SEASON (2008/09 or better quality). This team is primed to go, and has a lot of interchangeable, high quality parts. Should be EXCITING!!!
    I think you've made a fair assessment,but of the seven OOC losses,I think Creghton(played well against us,but up and down a little last yr...got win in tournament),UWGB (slightly down this yr?but at their house),Mid Tn(also slightly down?also their home)Penn State (only lost by 10 last yr at their house and they had Bently) are all 50/50,along with Georgetown,Central Mich, (our worst loss last yr,we weren't even in that game,won't be that way this time,however)and TCU (improving play in Big 12).I'll give the nod to the Jacks for the rest,except ND RANKED #7.I think we beat BYU(picked 4th in the West Coast),if we start stonger than we did last yr.

Stanford and ND are just too well established as basketball powers and the Jacks will be underdogs,but ,if we stand up to both and give each a game,it will instill a great deal of confidence,particularly Stanford early in the season.

I'm much encouraged with the way we've seemed to up our intensity and our team play that appears to focus on high individual skills that are integrated quite well into a free flowing ,high scoring ,mobile offense that passes well and finds the open player.A truely unselfish and fun offense to watch especially when it's clicking.When the three point shooting comes around....watch out.

The half court offense might be a little harder,but it too finds the open player and generally performs well.

Potential for a great season is there,but any stumbles along the way will greatly diminish the high expectations.It's going to be a long ,tough , haul....but i've got faith....Go Jacks!

My Projections:
    OOC 10-6
    Conf 12-2
    reg season 22-8
    NCAA Tournement (will decide if this all comes to fruition....aww!.... finaly get another W)
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-03-2013, 11:24 PM. Reason: edited a bunch,hope its better now

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

22-8 regular season
      13-1 Summit (#1 seed)
      3-0 Summit tourney

This truly would be huge,the USA Today poll has them ranked #3.I know Gonzaga has played them many,many times,before they could get the score respectable.Can the Jacks do it the very first meeting?
      It will be interesting to see who AJ matches up with Ogwumike,maybe Clarin,Stuart?If we play our best,we can compete with them,no biggie if we lose ,it would devastate the basketball world if we pulled the upset.

Comment

I am going to be more optimistic and have the women win more than half of the OOC games. I would take the same 22-8 record, but I would move one more loss to the conference where the target on this team's back will be large. Tomorrow night will give us another look at the offense to be implemented this season. I would expect very few back court violations with the ball movement shown at the first exhibitin game.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

IMHO, Jacks will demonstrate strong dominance of the Summit League this season. No Summit losses in Frost. USD/IUPUI seemed to give us fits last year, and both of them return most of their teams. Still believe only one of the two gets a W on their home court. SDSU closes the regular season in the DakotaDome. AJ's going to be pushing to have the team ready to lock down opponents, so I believe Jacks get that road game. IUPUI is the backend of the road trip in early Feb. I can see this being less "intensity", and Jags score a tight W. Like always, Jacks lost some major players since last season, but I believe that the redshirts from last season, and the incoming frosh will make this an even more dominant team than last years.

Comment

The Mastodons could be a bit more problematic at Fort Wayne again. Coach Paul has made an issue of being like SDSU for the years he has been in The Summit. He has recruited fairly well with the preseason POY. They may not match well in size and athleticism, but he will probably be painting the target on the Jackrabbits in preseason for a signature win showing his program has arrived. We just pulled it out last year in the final minute with a flurry of points. It would be great if the Jackrabbits could win all the home OOC games and a couple on the road.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

No doubt it will be another great year. One thing I feel will be a major reason why is that we have two 5th year guards in Paluch and Heiser who have played tons of huge minutes, made big contributions, and been very successful over their years. I have a feeling their leadership with this team will help experience more peeks and less valleys this season.

Comment

A couple previews for the womens team:

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...3_sdsu_preview

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...eloaded-lineup

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Comment

Well,my prognostication of the Jacks going 10-6 in the OOC games is off to a rousing start,as a team i picked we would win against we lost to.I've come to the startling conclusion that I might not be very good at predicting the future........Am I actually getting wiser as they say with age?........nah!
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-09-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

If a bunch of losses to good (and some great) non-conference teams prepare us to go 3-0 in Sioux Falls in March , I can live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        If a bunch of losses to good (and some great) non-conference teams prepare us to go 3-0 in Sioux Falls in March , I can live with that.
                        True, the proverbial, "every cloud has its silver lining"
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-10-2013, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X