Kristin Rotert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kristin Rotert

We got ourselves a good one with Rotert. She had 29 points and single handedly kept McCook in the game. They lost though 46-45. Call it a hunch but I think she is gonna be star for SDSU someday.

Re: Kristin Rotert

Yeah I watched alot of the game and saw her playing for the first time. She didn't have much help at all tonight and still almost won the game for them. She hit an NBA range three with about a minute and half to go then drained two free throws to tie it with under a minute left.

AJ gets another 6 footer with great range who is athletic. I think she will fit in very well with the program.

Comment

Terry had some insight in his blog about Kristin:

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Rotert as a Rabbit

Got my first glimpse at the future of SDSU women’s basketball tonight. And McCook Central senior Kristin Rotert isn’t like any player on the Jackrabbits’ current roster.

She’s tall (6-foot) and athletic like Jen Warkenthien and Maria Boever, but whereas those two primarily play the post and occassionally step outside, Rotert seems to prefer the perimeter. She has a quick release - she hit 5 of 11 3s en route to 29 points in 32 minutes against Dell Rapids - and can handle, although probably not well enough to run the point. Like Megan Vogel, she is adept at forcing the issue in order to get to the free-throw line even though she isn’t yet Division I strong. If she can prove herself defensively (she’s not often challenged on that end in high school), she’ll find a place in SDSU’s rotation. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

I fell asleep in the 4th quarter. She is good. She is a guard. Much of the game DR had 3 girls hanging on her, and if she touched the ball a fourth was on the way.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Terry V is right. She's big and athletic like Warkenthien and can create a shot facing the basket. Very impressive recruit.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I know it's early. . . .

but sounds like a future . . . . . .

ALL MID-CON SELECTION!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I sat by AJ tonight and he talked to Rotert then he went and talked to Vermillion's coach, don't know if it means anything just thought I would comment on it. I do believe that Brown is a D-I tallent but this is the first i've seen her play all year and really the first i've heard of her.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                I sat by AJ tonight and he talked to Rotert then he went and talked to Vermillion's coach, don't know if it means anything just thought I would comment on it. I do believe that Brown is a D-I tallent but this is the first i've seen her play all year and really the first i've heard of her.
                AJ is hardly a potted plant and he talks to a number of people at any social whether its a alum gathering or state tournament. I believe Rotert has signed a letter of intent and she would have to get a release  from SDSU if there was some other option out there and I doubt there is. AJ probably knows the Vermillion coach personally or he might even have taken time to congradulate him on a job well done. AJ is good at building good relations with everyone and I dont think he would slight any high school coach in SD.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
                  [quote author=joeboo22 link=1173415887/0#6 date=1173597629]I sat by AJ tonight and he talked to Rotert then he went and talked to Vermillion's coach, don't know if it means anything just thought I would comment on it. I do believe that Brown is a D-I tallent but this is the first i've seen her play all year and really the first i've heard of her.
                  AJ is hardly a potted plant and he talks to a number of people at any social whether its a alum gathering or state tournament. I believe Rotert has signed a letter of intent and she would have to get a release from SDSU if there was some other option out there and I doubt there is. AJ probably knows the Vermillion coach personally or he might even have taken time to congradulate him on a job well done. AJ is good at building good relations with everyone and I dont think he would slight any high school coach in SD.[/quote]

This whole thread is about how Rotert is coming to SDSU. So where is the talk of her goind elsewhere or getting released coming from? I would guess AJ justed talked to her because she IS coming here next year and would like to develop a relationship with her before she comes to Brookings. Also, I'm guessing the reason AJ talked to the Vermillion coach was to ask about one of his players (Brown would be my guess) and yes, probably to congratulate him. The above post seemed like an attack on Joeboo's post.

Comment

I was just informing the events that happend, im sorry if I confused anybody

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit
                      [quote author=Haldersham link=1173415887/0#7 date=1173644885][quote author=joeboo22 link=1173415887/0#6 date=1173597629]I sat by AJ tonight and he talked to Rotert then he went and talked to Vermillion's coach, don't know if it means anything just thought I would comment on it. I do believe that Brown is a D-I tallent but this is the first i've seen her play all year and really the first i've heard of her.

This whole thread is about how Rotert is coming to SDSU.  So where is the talk of her goind elsewhere or getting released coming from?  I would guess AJ justed talked to her because she IS coming here next year and would like to develop a relationship with her before she comes to Brookings.  Also, I'm guessing the reason AJ talked to the Vermillion coach was to ask about one of his players (Brown would be my guess) and yes, probably to congratulate him.  The above post seemed like an attack on Joeboo's post.[/quote]

How is it a an attack? No more than your explanation. I not sure what jooboo22 was saying when he described AJ movements as a spectator at the tournament. I suppose one could think AJ was going back on his committment to Rotert in favor of Brown of Vermillion, but I REPEAT, I dont think that was the case either. I know AJ personally and he  talks to lots of people about lots of things and I dont run after him with a tape recorder to record what he says. The man has a life and can choose to talk to anyone he wants to. Rotert  having second thoughts is not beyond possibilty, but I am more certain its like you suggested AJ was building a bridge with one of his future roster members. I am sorry I did not explain better, but  there was was no intention of attacking joeboo22. My guess is that AJ and staff have seen Brown from Vermillion play several times during Summer AAU play, and the staff may still have some interest in her. Who knows? I dont.

Comment

After watching Alicia Brown play the last few days I would be surprised if AJ wasn't attempting to sign her if we have a scholarship to give. She seemed to be one of the more complete players in the state.

Comment

Alicia Brown is a junior. In addition, SDSU has wanted Amber Wollslager (sp?) from Milbank for quite some time. She is also a junior but appears to be leaning toward some other D1 programs in the midwest.

AJ was at the tourney like he always is. He of course watched Rotert and has already developed a "relationship" with her or she would not have signed here. AJ is very well liked by the coaches in the state. He also coached against Jamie Parrish, the Vermillion coach, when Parrish was an assistant at USD. AJ knows you can not wait until a coach has a good player to establish contact. You establish contact so you are in good position when that coach has a player that can play at this level.

Comment

Brown is only a junior so she would be a 2009 recruit. I'm guessing we're taking a look at her, she's very athletic. She's also a top notch sprinter so basketball may not even be in her future.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher
                              Alicia Brown is a junior. In addition, SDSU has wanted Amber Wollslager (sp?) from Milbank for quite some time. She is also a junior but appears to be leaning toward some other D1 programs in the midwest.

AJ was at the tourney like he always is. He of course watched Rotert and has already developed a "relationship" with her or she would not have signed here. AJ is very well liked by the coaches in the state. He also coached against Jamie Parrish, the Vermillion coach, when Parrish was an assistant at USD. AJ knows you can not wait until a coach has a good player to establish contact. You establish contact so you are in good position when that coach has a player that can play at this level.
                              Seems to me and maybe AJ Parrish has a pretty good player in Brown who might be able to play at this level. Something tells me he has had his eyes on Brown well before the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X