Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

being proactive for preventing knee injuries.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being proactive for preventing knee injuries.......

i just finished reading an article about the rash of girls acl injuries high schools in minnesota have experienced. believe it also mentioned a program from a dr that is being implemented to reduce the risk of acl injuries. also believe the article stated it most happens in girls between ages of 15-24. i was just curious if anyone knows if sdsu has implemented this program or a similar one for the women. if not, i would think it would be a wise thing to forward this knowledge to the players---not to mention any girl wanting to be involved in athletics.

Re: being proactive for preventing knee injuries.......

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    i just finished reading an article about the rash of girls acl injuries high schools in minnesota have experienced. believe it also mentioned a program from a dr that is being implemented to reduce the risk of acl injuries. also believe the article stated it most happens in girls between ages of 15-24. i was just curious if anyone knows if sdsu has implemented this program or a similar one for the women. if not, i would think it would be a wise thing to forward this knowledge to the players---not to mention any girl wanting to be involved in athletics.
    The group I am with are working on some research looking at the prevention of non-contact ACL injuries and the bad mechanics of movement. Believe me this a hot topic in the sports medicine and research world, along w/ concussions.

Comment

Working...
    X