Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iupui jaguar wbb-gdt

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    One of the Purdue games comes to mind,Moses hitting twelve three's in that game was the difference in that game.Oh well, disappointing loss, we'll get better as a team learning from it.
    It was 9 3's, not 12...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

My take some of our key people had a tough night some on each side of the court some on both. We will be ok

Comment

Was surprising to me that the Jacks didn't take it to the basket more when they started shooting the bonus with 15 minutes left - especially when they were that cold from the perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          My take some of our key people had a tough night some on each side of the court some on both. We will be ok

Happens -- the other SDSU men's team is going down at Wyoming tonight after shooting under 30 percentand scoring 9 points- yes, 9 - the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            It was 9 3's, not 12...
            Oh yea,get my facts mixed up,they had another sharpshooter named Brittany Rayburn who got 12 in a single game, it was against the Gophers i believe.Thanks for correcting my poor memory Jacks1.

Comment

Interesting how 1 game completely changes the dynamics of the conference standings. If we win this one, we are 3 up in the loss column over IUPUI...instead we are 1 up in the loss column with 6 of our last 9 conference games on the road.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

What a bizarre game, from the get-go.

Airballing wide open threes, falling down for no reason (I swear I about had a heart attack that knees were blown both times).

Gotta hand it to IUPUI, though we did miss some wide open shots and bunnies, they played stellar D and shut us down.

I say it everytime IUPUI comes to Frost, but I hate hate hate it how our PA guys INSISTS on saying "Jagwires" vs "Jaguars".
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

It is a bit of simple math today for the women. 16-31 from 2 pt shooting and 3-23 from 3pt shooting. The Jacks shot ZERO freethrows the first half and shot 1-11 from 3 pt line. The shooting from perimeter was bad. That is a fact. The other fact that was evident was the defensive pressure applied by the jags that had our women on their heels much of the game. I would have hoped for a better action from the Jacks, but the Jags were persistent and they walked out with their first win against SDSU in the series history. Megan and Ashley will not be as ineffective on the same day again. The foul trouble that promoted the porous zone for the jags to knock down some 3's probably will not surface like that again. The Jacks had a chance, but the jags were on the mission Fort Wayne was on last week. It should be noted that the Jacks will draw the best game from the league teams every week. Also, there is no need to talk about the undefeated conference season again this year. If the Jacks can handle Omaha next week, then 7-1 at the turn will be very good.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Not sure that the cold shooting had as much to do with the IUPUI defense as with the Jacks just being off. Will be interesting to see how the women respond. The men have shown the ability to bounce back strong after getting smacked in the mouth,and I expect the women will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Not sure that the cold shooting had as much to do with the IUPUI defense as with the Jacks just being off. Will be interesting to see how the women respond. The men have shown the ability to bounce back strong after getting smacked in the mouth,and I expect the women will do the same.
                      If you've seen the post game interview with Gabby and Tara, you'll know that the women are already ready to bounce back from this loss.I'm encouraged anyhow.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Jacks have won 4 straight tournament titles and three of the last five regular season titles.

They have never been 6-0 in conference play.

And better by far to get a loss to IUPUI out of the way *now*. Make no mistake, Parkinson is the real deal and IUPUI will be a tough out as long as he's there.

Comment

Having the loss this past weekend might bring a bit of focus with no games until Saturday in Omaha. I wager focus will arrive for balance of season.
                          Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          Jacks have won 4 straight tournament titles and three of the last five regular season titles.

They have never been 6-0 in conference play.

And better by far to get a loss to IUPUI out of the way *now*. Make no mistake, Parkinson is the real deal and IUPUI will be a tough out as long as he's there.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

i could see this happening on the road---not home court. interesting road games ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                              i could see this happening on the road---not home court. interesting road games ahead.
                              If we can beat nebraska at home we should be able to beat iupuoi too. a lot of road games left but the way i see it is the rest of the league will keep beating each other up just the same so really i dont see us getting more the 3 league losses and the rest of the league will be 4-6 losses atleast. unless we struggle at NDSU which we usually play great their, or if lose at frost again which i dont see happening USD could be a loss if we play like we did against IUPIU or IPFW, but if we even play an average type game, we probably win this year.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

nebraska ended up being overrated. watched their games on btn---inconsistent this year. so far, a struggle for them---except for the big win at minny last night.
                                don't want to take anything away from jacks---win is a win. for most observers, all they look at is the name and "w". with this loss to iupui, jacks are gonna have to play well on the road to beat usd and omaha---if they expect to stay on top---alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X