Re: Oakland

Clarin for two 62-42,Oakland at line,miss,good 62-43

Comment

49 sec.....39 sec....12 sec....win Jacks

Comment

Nice win.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A 21-point road win is good any time. The winning streak grows to 6 (and 9 wins in 10 games). I expect a similar beat-down of IPFW on Saturday (wish I could say the same for the men!).

Comment

knee surgery on tues hobbled to the O'Rena to watch this game. nothing is going to stop me from seeing the ladies when I have the chance. As usual the Jacks had their early problems playing in that place. pretty ragged start and stayed that way for both teams the whole game. Emily Popkey is Oaklands go to and the Jacks guards did a great job in shutting her down. Katie and Leah for some reason were missing the shots they had been making all season. some of that was the Oakland pressure down low. after the pass those two would have to dribble once and Oakland was grabbing and forcing bad shots, but even when they didn't the Jacks just could not get the easy ones to go, if they did this would have been a bigger blowout. Eide for some reason did not wear her sleave. good effort by Chloe in bringing up the ball against the press. she just runs.
                The Jacks just wore Oakland down. I don't think they have the tools to compete with the Jacks this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  The Jacks just wore Oakland down. I don't think they have the tools to compete with the Jacks this year.
                  With out Waterworth or what her name is thats a huge loss. They might have had a challenge with her but she has probably been their best player atleast from where I sit it seems that way.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think that Watterworth will get a redshirt and return next year. She was the preseason POY for the Summit. That would leave a gaping hole in the lineup for scoring and leadership.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

seems odd but Waterworth doesn't even dress with the team for games. I did see her and her dad at the Western Illinois game.She was in street clothes. They were also without Zakiya Minifee for the game.

Comment

The Minifee gal was a blast to watch as a freshman. She had great speed and great determination. I do not recall much of her from last year, but she was a good player at the tournament as a freshman. She has definitely fallen off or had an injury according to her stats and the number of games played.
                        Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        seems odd but Waterworth doesn't even dress with the team for games. I did see her and her dad at the Western Illinois game.She was in street clothes. They were also without Zakiya Minifee for the game.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          The Minifee gal was a blast to watch as a freshman. She had great speed and great determination. I do not recall much of her from last year, but she was a good player at the tournament as a freshman. She has definitely fallen off or had an injury according to her stats and the number of games played.
                          Minifee blew her knee out last year and had acl surgery. she has been playing with a brace. maybe they held her out against the Jacks because of the tempo of the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X