Uni-gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uni-gdt

nice. so what changed between the halfs? Seems this teams bread and butter is defense again. Where did we get a lot of scoring from?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jackdaniel:
      I wasn't able to listen to the first half and part of the second half. What's your impression of adjustments made, things we did right/wrong in the second half?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        nice. so what changed between the halfs? Seems this teams bread and butter is defense again. Where did we get a lot of scoring from?
        The difference was the Jacks finally hit some shots and UNI turned stone-cold. Waytashek is turning into the one consistent scorer on this team. Eide hit a couple shots,but she needs to provide points game in and game out. Can't go off for 25 every third or fourth game and not be a factor in the others. I like the Strop-Lingle rotation in the post - it gives a good change of pace between an inside and outside kind of offense. If the Jacks can get consistent scoring from Megan,Ashley and the Lingle/Strop combo they will be fine. They need that though since Dietel and Boever will not be big scorers.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Jackdaniel:
          I wasn't able to listen to the first half and part of the second half. What's your impression of adjustments made, things we did right/wrong in the second half?
          Sorry,i was working in garage and came inside for score updates(didn't get much work done),since i was at my computer, i posted the score also.Didn't see much,other than they really looked good on defense.....UNI struggled to score against it.Waytashek really scored at will it seemed.All played well,as the score indicates.

Comment

Oh yea,if i heard JJ correctly we shot less than 33% first half(8-26 i think he said),JJ said we hit 71% from the field the 2nd half, only missing 6 shots the whole second half.

Comment

I was at the game. UNI is a good team. Jacqui Kalin is a terrific player...a 6th-year senior. Better free throw shooting and it wouldn't have been as close. Some nice moves by post players underneath against taller opponents. It wasn't exactly 8-anainst-5 in the first half...but it was close. Officiating was better in the second half. Defense also tightened up in the second half, including some trapping zone.

Comment

crjack; Were there many other Jack fans with you? I see that attendance was just over 1000
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  crjack; Were there many other Jack fans with you? I see that attendance was just over 1000
                  There was a nice group of SDSU fans behind the bench...50-75 I would say, including a young woman with an infant son and a baby - coach's family, I assume. They also recognized former UNI standout Katie Falco right before the start of the second half.

Comment

Where was UNI on the RPI?

Comment

UNI at 171(.4909) and SDSU at 118(.5285).
                      Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Where was UNI on the RPI?
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Waytashek is turning into the one consistent scorer on this team.
                        Told my dad the same when he updated me on the game. Waytashek is quickly becoming as good as tabbed when we got her (top 100 recruit) and our go to player.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          The difference was the Jacks finally hit some shots and UNI turned stone-cold. Waytashek is turning into the one consistent scorer on this team. Eide hit a couple shots,but she needs to provide points game in and game out. Can't go off for 25 every third or fourth game and not be a factor in the others. I like the Strop-Lingle rotation in the post - it gives a good change of pace between an inside and outside kind of offense. If the Jacks can get consistent scoring from Megan,Ashley and the Lingle/Strop combo they will be fine. They need that though since Dietel and Boever will not be big scorers.

Dietel got robbed on a traveling call,she must have lost confidence after that(her shot was good).I like Dietels rebounding and Gabby's tenacity playing defense,always pressuring and harassing the point gaurd.She always seems to get blocks or steals with her quick leaping ability.Both players are valuable assets to have even though they aren't big scorers.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-09-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

FYI -- congrats to Megan Waytashek for sharing in her first Summit League Player of the Week honors. Well deserved. Was listening to the UNI game on-line while watching game stats and they actually gave 2 of her points to Lingle. So she should have had 25 -- but a win is a win and it was a great team comeback at UNI. Eide was missed in the first half with her foul trouble - it is important to have her on the court. Also, sounds like Lingle and Dietel had questionable travel calls on them in the first half. Strop had some big hustle plays and Gabby is solid as the floor general. When we get some production in side - it really opens up the outside shooting. And our defense has been pretty good. Excited to see them play Penn State - will be tough!

Comment

Working...
                            X