Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mtsu-gdt

58 secs 60-51
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

63-56 jacks win!!!!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

way to fight back and win. better than the mens football team.

Comment

Good win ladies. I should have switched over from the football game from the sounds of it. Thanks for the updates.

Comment

every week Jackrabbit extra has gone downhill. womens game video came on about five minutes into the game. now I'm getting football recap, and mens bb at the same time and totally missed the womens recap.

Comment

A win puts everyone in a good mood.Women are adding to AJ's gray hair count at times.We play tough defense,at times we look dominate athletically,and like flipping the coin or switch,we can look like the travling jackrabbit clown show.....j/k

Over all we're progressing well .Defense is stout and we score enough to keep in and possibly win the game.

When all the stars align,we'll be a very hard team to beat,that's good since our team is fairly young yet.

Comment

This morning at Perkins the MTU bb team was having breakfast. The head coach patiently stood in line at the cash register in order to get some quarters and a copy of The Brookings Register. I am sure he was sadly disappointed as there was no pregrame story in the register. It was all about the NDSU-SDSU game and other stuff, like Northern Illinois beating Kent State for the MAC title. I was curious so I also bought a Brookings paper and shared his disappointment. I hope he took time to read the front page story about 98 year old Milo Potas, who saved one of Harvey Dunn's paintings in the early 1950's. No publicity I am sure had a big affect on the outcome of this game.

BTW congradulations to AJ and team for this important win.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  This morning at Perkins the MTU bb team was having breakfast. The head coach patiently stood in line at the cash register in order to get some quarters and a copy of The Brookings Register. I am sure he was sadly disappointed as there was no pregrame story in the register. It was all about the NDSU-SDSU game and other stuff, like Northern Illinois beating Kent State for the MAC title. I was curious so I also bought a Brookings paper and shared his disappointment. I hope he took time to read the front page story about 98 year old Milo Potas, who saved one of Harvey Dunn's paintings in the early 1950's. No publicity I am sure had a big affect on the outcome of this game.

BTW congradulations to AJ and team for this important win.
                  with the lack of coverage for all womens sports I'm sure it didn't phase him. who even knows who won the WNBA title this year, I don't. never heard a word about it on the local sports shows or papers.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    with the lack of coverage for all womens sports I'm sure it didn't phase him. who even knows who won the WNBA title this year, I don't. never heard a word about it on the local sports shows or papers.
                    SturgisJeff, I agree with you about the lack of coverage for women's sports from the Brookings Register involving national sports. But, I think they do an excellent job of covering local women's sports. Clearly the NDSU/SDSU football game had priority over any other sport happening in the Brookings area this week.

Jackrabbit local fans and the Brookings paper support the womens program very well.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      I am sure you are correct, this coach looks like he has a tough skin. You dont win 10 high school state champs in a row with out some set backs. I dont think this years version of MTU is as good in some of the prior years, but like AJ, he has some adjustments to make during this season to be part of the big dance.

Comment

On a side note, The MTSU game will give the Jacks some longterm juice for the year since the Blue Raiders have played a number of top programs this year and they have Xavier before the conference schedule. This is a good win much like the Husker win. The Jackrabbit defense held some talented players in check last night. Also, the Blue Raiders have a junior player who is the current rebounding career leader there. SDSU dominated the boards. Great defense, rebounding, FG % good, contributions teamwide, and a home crowd gives a look at what might be brewing for the women. AJ concedes that turnovers can be tolerated with that type of play in a game like this even though a fan is concerned about the high numbers there. Tuesday would be a great day to confirm this team at home even though much attention will be on a game in Minnesota. Another good day for all of SDSU basketball.

Comment

Clarin and Stuart seem to be adjusting better to the speed of the college game. I think it was a good move to bring Clarin in off the bench - she seemed more relaxed than when she started. If those two can just finish better around the basket,it will make a big difference in the offense. Cornemann also played better and was less rattled than in some of the previous games.

Comment

Working...
                          X