U of M-Best Buy Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U of M-Best Buy Tourney

Weekend in Minneapolis for all 4 games center court 7th row is $68 for 2 of us. There is not pressure from Villanova or Wash. St. for tickets. I hope there are some good games for the women before the men go to William's Arena to take care of their business.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: U of M-Best Buy Tourney

The Alumni Association will be in the Cities before the Jackrabbit games:

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

and

Go State!

Comment

You should let Ned (at ticket sales) know about these events to steer inquiries. I am not alumni, but I do follow the Jackrabbits.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        You should let Ned (at ticket sales) know about these events to steer inquiries. I am not alumni, but I do follow the Jackrabbits.
        We always share info with athletics. Also I want to remind everyone that SDSU Alumni Association events are open to Alumni and Friends of SDSU. We believe in a more the merrier approach to alumni events.

Go State!

Comment

I am thinking about driving up to Sunday's (11th) game vs. either Wash St. or the Gophers. It looks like game time would be either 11am or 1pm. Would leave early in the morning and come back after the game. Reply or pm me if interested in riding along/splitting gas.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

plan to be at both games at this point... heading up friday, spend the weekend at the games and with my folks... should be fun.

Comment

The Wife and I are in the Cities for a conference and staying for the Saturday game for sure and and possibly the Sunday game.

Should be fun. Where is everyone getting tickets? They have center court the side of the benches available in the first 6 rows.

Comment

I bought tickets through the U of M Gopher office. They had list of all seats available. Also, you could check the link 89rabbit provided later for the alumni connection. There are some pregame activities listed as well.

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                The Wife and I are in the Cities for a conference and staying for the Saturday game for sure and and possibly the Sunday game.

Should be fun. Where is everyone getting tickets? They have center court the side of the benches available in the first 6 rows.

Comment

I would guess there will be tickets at door and after first game it may Jackrabbits and a few others. I am guessing Villanova will not bring any crowd. Should be able to move within reserved sections.
                  Last edited by OldHare; 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

From Gohper site
                    The University of Minnesota women's basketball team will open the 2012-13 season at Williams Arena on Saturday, Nov. 10, vs. Washington State as part of the Best Buy Classic, and fans can catch all of the season-opening action for free in a number of different ways.
                    Thanks to the Gophers' tournament sponsor, fans can pick up free tickets to the Best Buy Classic at local participating Best Buy stores from now until Nov. 11.
                    Fans can also get free admission to Saturday's game vs. Washington State by bringing in a non-perishable food item to donate to the Gopher Food Drive. Fans that may already have tickets are still welcome to bring in a donation for the food drive, and will receive a raffle ticket for some great prize drawings in exchange for their generosity.
                    Saturday is also Military Appreciation Day at the Barn, and members of the armed forces will gain free admission with a valid military id.
                    Last edited by OldHare; 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM. Reason: shorten

Comment

From Gohper site
                      Fans can also get free admission to Saturday's game vs. Washington State by bringing in a non-perishable food item to donate to the Gopher Food Drive. Fans that may already have tickets are still welcome to bring in a donation for the food drive, and will receive a raffle ticket for some great prize drawings in exchange for their generosity.
                      Do you think this applies to both games on Saturday -- or just the U of M game? I saw that the Gopher women had some trouble with D2 Minnesota State Mankato, only winning by 10 points. Good coaching? Or not a good MN Gopher team?

Comment

Best guess is both days since the BestBuy has tickets through Nov 11. The U of M women are not in the top 6 in the conference which is fairly salty with those 6 in top 25 ratings.
                        Originally posted by Captain Jack View Post
                        Do you think this applies to both games on Saturday -- or just the U of M game? I saw that the Gopher women had some trouble with D2 Minnesota State Mankato, only winning by 10 points. Good coaching? Or not a good MN Gopher team?

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                          The Alumni Association will be in the Cities before the Jackrabbit games:

and

Go State!
                          Does the Sunday pre-game go from 9:00-10:30 even if the Jacks play at 1:00?
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Best guess is both days since the BestBuy has tickets through Nov 11. The U of M women are not in the top 6 in the conference which is fairly salty with those 6 in top 25 ratings.
                            Borton has two gals to watch---Hirt and Banham. Banham being a soph and Hirt looking to play her first year after injuring her knee . If Hirt lives up to expectations, and Banham continues to build off of her success as a freshman (or, courtesy of UNC, maybe i should say "first year student"), i could see gophs dishing out some headaches for opposing teams. i'm thinking that gophs could easily develop into team that will be tough to beat at williams. maybe not early in sched, but, not far into.

Comment

TV's article in yesterday's Argus give a preview of the style of play we'll see unveiled at the U of M tourney.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...yssey=nav|head

Comment

Working...
                              X