Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 recruiting

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Two siblings were athletes at SDSU......
    And if you read her "meet the Hawkeyes" blurb she mentions that she had considered SDSU. With the relationships in Brookings one has to wonder if she isn't coming home. Ober is a senior next year, having Larson coming in for Macy's senior year would be YUUGE (as the Donald would say)!

Comment

I didn't say no freshman get to start/play. I'm saying that most freshman do not have a huge role. I think this has more to do with proximity than playing time.

Comment

Again....There's a reason behind how some fr get playing time and some don't.I just don't think she's that good.Coach Bulder wouldn't have wasted her entire fr season if she saw anything.You have your opioin,I have mine

Scholarships are valuable and pretty limited,I think we can do better,but, hey...I'll go with what the coaching staff decides.

Comment

I think both SDSU and USD have better teams than Iowa,they've had a lackluster year in WBB,just got eliminated in the first rd of the WNIT by Ball State 77-72 .

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Again....There's a reason behind how some fr get playing time and some don't.I just don't think she's that good.Coach Bulder wouldn't have wasted her entire fr season if she saw anything.You have your opioin,I have mine
            It may have been a situation of how the coach wanted her to fill a role that did not materialize. It is difficult to think that a top recruit has no negotiable skills to offer. It may be that there is a few other talented young players Taygn was not able to push by in the rotation.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              It may have been a situation of how the coach wanted her to fill a role that did not materialize. It is difficult to think that a top recruit has no negotiable skills to offer. It may be that there is a few other talented young players Taygn was not able to push by in the rotation.
              Pretty telling stat line,and she wasn't red shirted if the coach didn't see a spot for her,besides,it happens all the time players are over rated and just don't make the conversion to college ball all that well.All I'm saying is if we get a chance at a much better player,give the scholarship to her,we are trying to get the best team we possibly can after all....might not happen and we'll take Larson,I think she'll be available ,but who knows what will happen,just don't want to see us rush the decision

Comment

Pretty telling stat line,and she wasn't red shirted if the coach didn't see a spot for her,besides,it happens all the time players are over rated and just don't make the conversion to college ball all that well.All I'm saying is if we get a chance at a much better player,give the scholarship to her,we are trying to get the best team we possibly can after all....might not happen and we'll take Larson ,who knows
                Or she goes to Augie and plays right away.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Pretty telling stat line,and she wasn't red shirted if the coach didn't see a spot for her,besides,it happens all the time players are over rated and just don't make the conversion to college ball all that well.All I'm saying is if we get a chance at a much better player,give the scholarship to her,we are trying to get the best team we possibly can after all....might not happen and we'll take Larson ,who knows
                  So in your opinion Wade isn't gonna amount to squat for us either then...since she didn't pan out as a freshman at her previous school?
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

My two quick observations, the Iowa Hawkeyes appeared to have a Forward dominated roster, and the Hawkeyes didn't redshirt any of their 4 freshman. This includes F Hannah Stewart from North Dakota who was just as heavily recruited regionally as Larson, she played a total of 17 more minutes than Larson.

Simply put, I don't think Iowa is into redshirting, at least no this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      So in your opinion Wade isn't gonna amount to squat for us either then...since she didn't pan out as a freshman at her previous school?
                      Why's she suddenly in the conversation?I stand by what the coaches decide,they haven't decided yet with Larson,just don't want us to rush into something and miss getting a better player because we don't have a scholarship.

Comment

Pretty telling stat line,and she wasn't red shirted if the coach didn't see a spot for her,besides,it happens all the time players are over rated and just don't make the conversion to college ball all that well.All I'm saying is if we get a chance at a much better player,give the scholarship to her,we are trying to get the best team we possibly can....might not happen and we'll take Larson ,who knows
                        Could be a lot of reasons for a lack of playing time. Iowa was a very forward heavy team. I notice the girl from Minot, also a 6-2 F forward didn't see much playing time. Kids don't always adjust well to a new environment. I've always gotten the impression that the Larson family are close. Cody and his sister, by all accounts were very tight while both were at SDSU. She was a top 100 recruit. Overrated? Couldn't tell you. I know Cody struggled at Florida. Marshall struggled at WI. Yet both excelled in Brookings. She wants to play close to home my guess is it will be either SDSU or USD. I would prefer she end up at SDSU.

Interesting side note. Whitney Jennings is also leaving Iowa to play closer to home. Where is home? Logansport, Indiana. Closest schools, IPFW, IUPUI and Butler. She's good, small but very good. It would be nice to see her in the Summit.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/...gs_915796.html

Comment

I don't remember a big backlash when someone said Myah Selland might have been over-rated,so why so with Larson.It's the same thing.

Comment

Call me stupid. I think AJ would be able to work with a 6'2" athlete that is versatile and can defend/rebound/block shots...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              Call me stupid. I think AJ would be able to work with a 6'2" athlete that is versatile and can defend/rebound/block shots...
                              That would be attacking posters....interesting debate...wonder how it will all pan out...apple pie is my favorite

Comment

Gotta think Augie is in the mix. Wouldn't have to sit out a year...

Comment

Working...
                                X