2009 commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 commit

The SDSU women’s basketball team has gotten a verbal committment from Pierre center Katie Lingle.

The sophomore averaged 8.3 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game and, by many accounts, came on strong toward the end of the season. She is 6-foot-3 and perhaps still growing. Lingle chose SDSU - the first school offer a scholarship - because she is a lifelong fan, because her sister will to go school there and because of its winning tradition. (She and several other recruits will be at Saturday’s WNIT game.)

A reserve player for the Govs, could she have imagined that one week after her sophomore season she’d have an NCAA Division I scholarship?
    Per Terry's blog.
    http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sp...t.html#respond

Re: 2009 commit

I look forward to watching her play in the NCAA tournament someday.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
      I look forward to watching her play in the NCAA tournament someday.
      That, my friend, is a DISTINCT possibility, in about 24 months . . .

And, if AJ and the ladies can keep it going, we won't be any 15 or 16 seed, either . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here is a picture of the Pierre Govs after getting 2nd at State. Katie is number 53.

http://sports.sdpb.org/girls/basketb...turday/2nd.jpg

It also doesn't hurt to have Lisa Kannegieter as the head coach for Pierre.

Comment

A Lingle that now runs the SD lottery was a very good lineman for SDSU back about 1986 or so, is she a daughter or an uncle of this individual. I forget his first name?

Comment

Has anyone seen this girl play?  Seems like a really early commitment but I'm certainly not going to question AJ's decision.  I'm sure there is something that he sees!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
              I'm sure there is something that he sees!
              6'3" is probably one thing that catches his eye!

Comment

Sophomore. Reserve player.
                A triple single; 8.3 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game
                :-/ :-/

I'll defer to AJ's better judgement.
                Maybe it's the 6-3 and still growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
                  A Lingle that now runs the SD lottery was a very good lineman for SDSU back about 1986 or so, is she a daughter or an uncle of this individual. I forget his first name?
                  Norm Lingle is the name you are looking for.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                    :-/ :-/

I bet AJ is a better judge of talent and potential than you. Good decision by you.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I have heard from coaches and parents here in Brookings that she is for real. She looked as impressive as Moeller, the Sr. on their team when they played in Brookings earlier this season. AJ and Laurie are always going to be the ones I trust.

Comment

I'm from Watertown and have watched her a couple of times this year including the State Tourney. AJ knows what he's doing. She's a good one already and you can just tell she's going to get even better.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                          Has anyone seen this girl play?  Seems like a really early commitment but I'm certainly not going to question AJ's decision.  I'm sure there is something that he sees!
                          Post players take longer to develop. Let Kannegieter work with her for a while. She'll be ready for DI basketball.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

She is Norm Lingles niece. She has developed immensely during the last season under Lisa K. and is only going to get even better. This was a good long term investment by the Jacks.

Comment

Quote from SD-STATE on Yesterday at 7:32pm:

I bet AJ is a better judge of talent and potential than you. Good decision by you.
                              Potential. Potential and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee.

Well, used to anyway. ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X