Jacks vs IPFW(Summit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks vs IPFW(Summit)

Well we haven't even started any real discussions about the women's games. Is it confidence? Is it more worrying about the MBB game? Anyways here's the notebook from the SL website. That picture warms my heart.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...CLID=205390035

Argus today:
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...0202/303020028

Let's GO RABBITS!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: Jacks vs IPFW(Summit)

Honestly, I think it is the fact that it is new for the men. We have been spoiled the women's team has been good for so many years we are to complacent about it. For the men this feels bigger because it is unprecedented for them in the D1 Era. I am so excited to get to Sioux Falls Tomorrow.

Comment

I have been struggling to maintain confidence, without being too cavalier or over confident. I think the fact that TV shared, with this being the biggest 'spread' between 2 and 3 in the Summit League history has me conflicted. I have felt overwhelming confidence that it was a foregone conclusion that #1 meets #2 in the finals.

However, last night, I was awakened from a dream where our Jacks were down 30 to St. Cloud State (of all people) in the first half of a postseason game. All you armchair psychologist help me out on that one, will you?! I really like our team and I've been trying to temper my expectations of "taking it to the dance". But I expect us to take both teams to the dance after this weekend. Am I crazy?

(I should have started this, Dear Abby - shouldn't I??)

Comment

We field two very good teams in this years Summit League Tournaments and i like our chances ,playing in SFSD ,of coming away with one or both championships.That said,we still have to perform out on the court to make it happen.Tournament games can be much ,much more difficult to win than regular season,or they can be a blowout.Guess i'm not saying a whole lot so......let the games begin!!!!!!

Comment

less than 24 hours...

Comment

IPFW WBB team is a shadow of their 2nd place 2011 team, this season. Two good players, Stephanie Rosado, and Amie Boese. Rosado is a good big, compariable to Sunny. Boese leads Jill Young 300 -292 for most career 3's Summit League record. The rest of the team is young, inexperienced and lost in the noise.

Keep Boese defended beyond the arc, and Rosado in foul trouble, the Dons will not be able to run with the Rabbits.

This should be a 75-55 type win, with no doubt in the outcome with about 15 min to go.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
              IPFW WBB team is a shadow of their 2nd place 2011 team, this season. Two good players, Stephanie Rosado, and Amie Boese. Rosado is a good big, compariable to Sunny. Boese leads Jill Young 300 -292 for most career 3's Summit League record. The rest of the team is young, inexperienced and lost in the noise.

Keep Boese defended beyond the arc, and Rosado in foul trouble, the Dons will not be able to run with the Rabbits.

This should be a 75-55 type win, with no doubt in the outcome with about 15 min to go.
              I feel rosado is over rated. Slow and ackward, looks weak when shooting. like somehow the ball barely rolls over the rim. yet somehow she still scores and gets rebounds. also she falls over with the littlest of contact.

I guess I am looking forward to their coach complain about SDSU kicking his teams butt again. Maybe he is a nice guy for all i know but sure sounds whining during games.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Push the pace, keep turnovers less than 18, make a decent percentage of open shots and win by 20.

I would not be the least bit surprised to see ORU upset in the semis.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Push the pace, keep turnovers less than 18, make a decent percentage of open shots and win by 20.

I would not be the least bit surprised to see ORU upset in the semis.
                  There are three good teams on the WBB side. UMKC is good, and getting mentioned for possible post season tourneys again. There is a large gulf to the 4th/5th teams from the third seed.

Happy that USD wasn't eligible this season. The Yotes were definitely in the ORU/UMKC talent range.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I feel rosado is over rated. Slow and ackward, looks weak when shooting. like somehow the ball barely rolls over the rim. yet somehow she still scores and gets rebounds. also she falls over with the littlest of contact.

I guess I am looking forward to their coach complain about SDSU kicking his teams butt again. Maybe he is a nice guy for all i know but sure sounds whining during games.
                    The main reason Rosado doesn't move well is that she plays on two bad knees - it was painful to watch her try to get up and down the floor when they played the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                      There are three good teams on the WBB side. UMKC is good, and getting mentioned for possible post season tourneys again. There is a large gulf to the 4th/5th teams from the third seed.

Happy that USD wasn't eligible this season. The Yotes were definitely in the ORU/UMKC talent range.
                      I agree completely.

Top 3 are 61-27 or .693 while the bottom 5 are 54-91 or .372, it should boil down to us and the winner of ORU/UMKC.

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                        I agree completely.

Top 3 are 61-27 or .693 while the bottom 5 are 54-91 or .372, it should boil down to us and the winner of ORU/UMKC.
                        Soooo if I read this right, your saying the top teams have a better winning percentage then the bottom teams? Interesting.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                          I agree completely.

In the two ORU vs UMKC meetings this season,the cumulative score is tied at 162 - each team won by 13 on their home floor.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            The main reason Rosado doesn't move well is that she plays on two bad knees - it was painful to watch her try to get up and down the floor when they played the Jacks.
                            It looks rough for sure. Hopefully she wont have long term damage. Being 20 something with bad knees cant be fun. I should think we will win this round easily. I expect the seniors and either Edie or paluch or maybe even Walters to really step and provide that 3rd option that teams will have a hard time dealing with.

Comment

The problems that teams have with the Jacks is that if you key on Sunny or Jill, there are 8 shooters that will clean your clocks still to contend with. Katie, Ashley, Tara and even Gabbi can hit shots. There are few if any teams that play at the pressure and pace that the Jacks team line-up dictates, especially in the Summit League. There may be teams from the BCS with talented bigs, and lightening quick guards, but other than Kevi, those don't exist in the Summit this season. Bethany Caranoga(sp), Amber Hegge may be talented bigs that can play with the Jacks, but typically haven't had the supporting casts to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X