usd gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: usd gdt

Usd looked more sharp the first half we were standing around. Inconsistant calls for sure. Second half we looked more calm and played smarter for the first 10 min of the second. Overall the better team won. Usd doesn't have much depth. Don't know what they are going to do with hegge gone next year.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Did anyone get attendance numbers. I will blame weather but it was not full or noisy at all. The refs constancy probably took the crowd out but a lot I hear on the radio are more lively then that. A few years ago when we played it was packed. Close to sell out then if it wasn't.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Did anyone get attendance numbers. I will blame weather but it was not full or noisy at all. The refs constancy probably took the crowd out but a lot I hear on the radio are more lively then that. A few years ago when we played it was packed. Close to sell out then if it wasn't.
        Attendance: 3309
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Hegge is a very good player, at least on the offensive end. The officiating was, and this is saying something, the worst I have seen in a Summit women's game to date. In the first half, SDSU was whistled for 11 fouls, to 6 for USD. The second half was about the opposite. It felt like the officials were "making up" for bad calls all night. Impossible for the players to adjust. Just awful.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hegge and Boss both were bigs in the middle and we had our hands full at times. Both are seniors and will be hard to replace by Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Hegge and Boss both were bigs in the middle and we had our hands full at times. Both are seniors and will be hard to replace by Williams
              Roche, Hegge and Boss are all three seniors. Wilson will have her hands full trying to fill the roll of those three. I don't see anyone on their current bench that scares me. Could be another long year in the Summit for the Yotes.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                Roche, Hegge and Boss are all three seniors. Wilson will have her hands full trying to fill the roll of those three. I don't see anyone on their current bench that scares me. Could be another long year in the Summit for the Yotes.

GBGBGJ
                with Yotes eligible for tourney in 2012-13, most likely will be difficult to get first trip next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  It'll be interesting to see if Jill stays at the point the rest of the year. Our TO's were down tonight with her there (though USD didn't pressure much)...but it also limits her some offensively.
                  I would think the troubles the Jacks had late in the UMKC game getting the ball in bounds and up the floor led to this change. It will limit her looks offensively,and she uses up more energy bringing the ball up the floor. It will be interesting to see if AJ continues to use Jill in this role,or if it was just a one-game deal.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    I would think the troubles the Jacks had late in the UMKC game getting the ball in bounds and up the floor led to this change. It will limit her looks offensively,and she uses up more energy bringing the ball up the floor. It will be interesting to see if AJ continues to use Jill in this role,or if it was just a one-game deal.
                    Frankly I thought Gabby did a great job. I think she looked good out their and could handle the ball just fine. running the offense I dont know enough about her or her style, but what I saw last night gave me plenty of hope for the rest of her career. young handles the pressure well bring the ball up, but what I can't figure out is how we can not set any screens for her to work open for a 3 point shot. I find that frustrating about the offense.

Comment

I thought Jill bringing the ball up was an interesting twist. She handled things okay but USD isn't the team I'm worried about. There are a few teams that have really quick guards and that is what seems to give us real fits. My hope is one of our point guards improves enough to handle things against those teams. The full-court press was a killer for our team last year. We need Jill spotting up and shooting 3's not our bigs who were letting them fly in the first half yesterday.

Ironically, I thought Palluch played one of her better games. She was much more aggressive in the half-court offense.

In many ways, I'm just glad that game is over and we can move forward to bigger things. We had nothing to win last night and everything to lose. We won but that's about it. Although, you have to admit a Yote sweep feels pretty good even if they aren't quite up to the standard of South Dakota's premiere university which is SDSU!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

GBGBGJ
                        I thought the same thing. Unless they bring in some stud freshmans to really fill in. Otherwise I felt the Yotes were like a 4 women team and the 5th one out their was just to take space. Wilson shot well but I dont know if she can be counted on as a primary scorer.

Comment

I don't follow women's hoops close enough to know if the Yotes are redshirting anybody this year, but Nicole Seekamp, 5-10 Australian who played point guard on their national under 20 team will be eligible next year. Also have what appears to be a pretty good recruiting class for next year with a juco transfer from Iowa Western, Tia Hemiller from Watertown, Heidi Hoff from Brandon Valley and Margaret McCloud from Rapid City.

USD Fan

Comment

thats a good class and probably will pay off in a few years. I just don't know if they can step in and fill the void of those seniors enough to make up for there losses. Hopefully their are some on the bench who will take the next step and help out, otherwise it will be a long season.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              I think the attendance was a little low but it was about what I expected. They played each other 2 years ago and the media didn't advertise it like the mens games. I'm sure next year, the men's game won't be a sellout either. If both teams are great, more people will show up but it's not like every USD game will sellout. The tickets cost $22 dollars, too. USD will bring more fans than most teams but a single game on a week night with tickets jacked up, makes some people shy away.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                                with Yotes eligible for tourney in 2012-13, most likely will be difficult to get first trip next year.
                                I think USD will make the tourney next year. You have to remember that ORU and Southern Utah will leave the conference. I think there might only be 8 teams that can qualify next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X