Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland GDT

So what's happened to Waytashek?

For being one of the more highly touted recruits, she sure hasn't seen much time this year.

Am I forgetting an injury this year? Has she never really come back to form after last year's injury?
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Good win for sure and congrats to jill for a big record broken. We have been spoiled for a number of years that we have players who are always breaking records for points or 3s etc. I am not sure who currently on this team. As sophs and freshman who will be in the hunt for all time records.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        So what's happened to Waytashek? For being one of the more highly touted recruits, she sure hasn't seen much time this year.Am I forgetting an injury?
        She hurt her knee last year and it is not healing as expected. TV said today on the live chat that they might request a medical hardship for her.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

ORU beats USD by 10 or so.

Comment

Ndsu beats IPFW 77 to 70. A little surprised by that.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Good win for sure and congrats to jill for a big record broken. We have been spoiled for a number of years that we have players who are always breaking records for points or 3s etc. I am not sure who currently on this team. As sophs and freshman who will be in the hunt for all time records.
              Only records that matter are the wins & losses. And we are still finding ways to win. It may not be flashy like a few years ago, but wins are wins and we are winning a different way now. Still a lot of games to go, we are and will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                I can't believe we interview the coach while the colors are presented and the National Anthem is played.

If you can't honor our country? Turns me off!!
                The coach is actually digitally recorded during warm-ups and it is ran during the National Anthem. He is not being interviewed live, in fact he is not even on the court during the National Anthem.

Comment

Some numbers.

A day after Nagy wins his 300th, the SDSU WBB program recorded their 800th win overall, and 150th D-1 win.

Comment

Some other numbers:

SDSU 62
                    Oakland 52

Baylor 67
                    Washington 56

In the ALAMO BOWL.

Comment

Maybe it's just my eyes but I was not impressed at all by Oakland last night. Anyone else feel that way?

The Jacks started slowly and played well in spurts but didn't play great and I felt the Jacks were easily the better team. Even when Oakland got up nine in the first half I thought it was a matter of time until the Jacks would come back and take control of the game and that's exactly what happened.

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

In listening to the post game interview clips, it is clear that SDSU went after, and succeeded in liimiting Brittany Carnago's time and effectiveness. She is the defense for Oakland. Limit her, limit Oakland. SDSU did that.

This was a coaching game. AJ's game plan went well, albeit short on Jill really torching the 3's. Becky's did not.

This season, vs. Oakland, will be grind it out, low scoring affairs.

Listened to ORU WBB coach after the USD game. USD is a halfcourt team, and never played an ORU paced game at all.

Jacks are much more a defensive team this season than a high-scoring offensive juggernaut that they were during the 08-09 season. We could still end up 17-1 in conference. Please recognize that this year's Summit start is even better than the 08-09 season, IN THE SUMMIT.

The more I watch this team, the more I appreciate that they have the ability to win ANY game. IMHO, WBB at SDSU is poised to be the regular season champ of the Summit. Next weekend, we'll see if ORU is indeed down due to Jaci Bigham's lack of full recovery from knee injury. But first, need to blow out IPFW, or at least get the W.

Jacks should be #1 in Power rating in Summit after this weekend, barely ahead of ORU.

Comment

I agree SB. Maybe my expectations of Oakland were to high? They were picked second in the conference behing Oral and ahead of the Jacks. The Jacks played poorly and still won by 10. Oakland has zero outside shooting. 24% from three point line for the year as a team. If we would have defended the back door cuts and the paint RIGHT under the bucket better we would have won by 20. USD beat them by 7 in Oakland. Therefore, I am suggestion that Oakland is not as good as people thought and the USD is much better than people expected.

3-0 in the Summit is very important right now.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Magen Waytashek is injured. If you watch her warm up she really drags that injured leg. I am hoping she does get a medical redshirt as we could use a healthy Megan next season.

The player that I am surprised is not getting any playing time recently is Mariah Clarin. Early in the season she looked very promising. Never left the bench last night. I like Leah as she rebounds and plays solid D.....but really struggles to score. Maybe Mariah is injured as well?

IPFW goes down next.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              In listening to the post game interview clips, it is clear that SDSU went after, and succeeded in liimiting Brittany Carnago's time and effectiveness. She is the defense for Oakland. Limit her, limit Oakland. SDSU did that.

This was a coaching game. AJ's game plan went well, albeit short on Jill really torching the 3's. Becky's did not.

This season, vs. Oakland, will be grind it out, low scoring affairs.

Listened to ORU WBB coach after the USD game. USD is a halfcourt team, and never played an ORU paced game at all.

Jacks are much more a defensive team this season than a high-scoring offensive juggernaut that they were during the 08-09 season. We could still end up 17-1 in conference. Please recognize that this year's Summit start is even better than the 08-09 season, IN THE SUMMIT.

The more I watch this team, the more I appreciate that they have the ability to win ANY game. IMHO, WBB at SDSU is poised to be the regular season champ of the Summit. Next weekend, we'll see if ORU is indeed down due to Jaci Bigham's lack of full recovery from knee injury. But first, need to blow out IPFW, or at least get the W.

Jacks should be #1 in Power rating in Summit after this weekend, barely ahead of ORU.
                              I agree with a lot you said. The defensive strategy really took Oakland out of their game. There has been a serious improvement in that regard. Without that effort we would have lost several more games but the defensive keeps us in the game.

In looking at the box score, Oakland actually had better percentages from the field and 3-point than the Jacks last night and had a substantial lead in assists (thus the higher pecentage). The Jacks dominated the boards. Oakland also shot 38% from the line versus 79% for the Jacks and the Jacks got to the line a lot more.

Eide really seems to be the key for this team. In games where she is aggressive offensively we are a very dangerous team. She is becoming much more consistent in that regard and that is really important. Also, the high-low game was really working with Sunnaborg. It's great to see her getting back to her normal self offensively. It would be great to see a little more penetration from the point guards to create shots and opportunities for others but that is slowly improving. Every game this team seems to get better as a group. There is a lot of talent there and this team is going to be good for a long time.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                                Magen Waytashek is injured. If you watch her warm up she really drags that injured leg. I am hoping she does get a medical redshirt as we could use a healthy Megan next season.

The player that I am surprised is not getting any playing time recently is Mariah Clarin. Early in the season she looked very promising. Never left the bench last night. I like Leah as she rebounds and plays solid D.....but really struggles to score. Maybe Mariah is injured as well?

IPFW goes down next.

GBGBGJ
                                I was wondering about Clarin as well. Don't remember her playing last night. Dietel has really been a factor the last few games. A strong defender and rebounder plus she has a lot of experience. I agree it would be great to see her improve her scoring.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Working...
                                X