Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Marist

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    Jacks haven't scored in 13 min, and still within 2. What a defensive battle tonite.
    ^This^^^13 min is over a quarter of the game without a single point.We're struggling offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      That's 3 losses that we have really struggled on offnsne. So if 3 ooc games that knew how to stop us. That doesn't bode well for for us playing teams that actually know pur offense.
      Have we lost the Summit Tournament yet? Sometimes this forum reads like a broken record. Every year. Well I'll add my bit to the broken record. Make the tournament, win the tournament, go to the Dance. It's been our formula, these OOC games are nice, but they don't count for squat anyways. Is there anyone who thinks we won't make the tournament? Some of the players are still figuring out themselves and AJ is figuring them out too. It's not like we played two slouches, the other team get's a vote in every game. These teams take us very seriously now, I think in early transition, most of the schools did not take us seriously. AJ will find the right combo(doesn't he always) and away we'll go!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Not good shooting from anywhere on the floor!
        FG% Game: 16-53 30.2%
        3FG% Game: 5-18 27.8%
        FT% Game: 12-21 57.1%
        When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Eide ties it up at about 3 min left. Then Young commits 4th personal foul. Marist gets both FT.

Steal by Marist, coast to coast, Jacks down 4. Under 2 min to go.
          This reminded me of the championship game in the Summit League tournament when Kristin Rotert got the steal against Luper to basically steal any chance ORU had to win.
          Another time i remember Ketty lunging out to deflect the ball enough to Young i think in the last Gonzaga game.
          We've become accustomed to the big game changing play to come from the Jacks,but guess what,other teams have players with a lot of heart too.
          I don't fault anyone on this team,because i know each and every one plays hard and with a lot of heart also,they just got to learn to channel all that into key points in the game that can break the spirit of the opposition,I look at this team as a work in progress,their times comming when they'll have it all worked out again,and it'll be a joy to watch this team once again.

Most sports are games where perfection stands out,and imperfection becomes glaringly obvious.The best teams are those that have learned to make winning easy by being as close to perfect in everything they do on the court.Don't believe me? Just look at the stats of UConn like i did after every one of their games.Those stats (stellar)directly translated into wins during the season.A pefect season.I'm not saying we can be UConn, but we can perfect our game alot,nobody can argue that.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-26-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Just looked at the box score on Go Jacks.We really played a good game, very hard.We were +7 rebounding,+5 offensive rebounding,Turnovers were close and were reasonable,good assist numbers.The only thing is shooting percentage ,get that up, which should eventually come around, and we will be a very tough team to beat.For some reason,Rivals.com didn't have the box score for last nights game.

Comment

Working...
            X