A Chat With Coach Johnston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Chat With Coach Johnston

I'm not sure if a lot of people have seen this, but The Collegian caught up with AJ last week for a very candid interview that covered a lot of topics, including point guard play, recruiting, and the end of a great era of players.

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/2011/04...oach-johnston/
    Last edited by MinnJack; 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM.

Re: A Chat With Coach Johnston

Great interview!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

One of the better recent interviews in the ever-improving Collegian. Good questions and meaningful answers from AJ.

Comment

thanks for the post! pretty good interview.

i think next season's jacks have a very good chance of being right back in the battle. no secret fans will be paying attention to the developing point guard position---and, how rehab goes for waytashek. defensively, i am not too worried. replacing some of the lost offense will be interesting. if they can find their identity early in the season, it should be another fun year for jack fans.

couple of the questions stemming from last year---did oru blow their big chance? and, did that blowout by oakland set the tone for next season? imo, i really doubt it---i expect oru to be resilient and battle for the tourney title.

a few teams i expect to improve---ndsu, ipfw, and oakland. i also expect west ill to be a tough road win for just about anybody.

Comment

Can't really count on freshmen to contribute much,unless Walters can do what Kristin and then Jill (58 and 82) did in consecutive years, break the freshman 3 pts in a year record.The 82 will be hard for anyone to break in a long time ,i think.
          So,it'll be up to the seniors,juniors and sophomores to lead the way.
          Eide played really well in our game against our toughest competition of the year, arguably, ( Xavier),don't know where that came from,but it's an encouraging sign that our juniors- to be -are maturing and developing into good all around players, who can contribute at the right time and help lead the team to victory.
          Luper and Bigham have two years left,both will play with a vengeance to obtain that elusive tournament title.We'll be standing in their way once again to deny them.

Comment

Working...
          X