Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier

They're big.

Ta'Shia Phillips is a 6'6" junior center who went off in the A-10 tournament. She's shooting .604 for the season. Yikes. Out-rebound their opponents on average 44-35.

Less than a third of their shot attempts are 3-pointers, and they hit about a third of those.

Assist-turnover ratio is 502-446 for the season. 150 blocks, to 90 for their opponents.

We'd better be hitting our 3's, I think.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Xavier

It doesn't look like they go real deep on their bench.

Comment

I don't think they are invincible...but they are really good. I think they got a high seed....and we got too low of a seed. So I think it balances out. The way the Women are playing towards the latter half of the season, this should be a good one!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

They are ranked 5th in the Country. They are probably the best non number 1 seed in the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
          They are ranked 5th in the Country. They are probably the best non number 1 seed in the tourney.
          I agree....

Comment

A couple Xavier fan forums.

http://www.musketeermadness.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3

http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/ (seems more active, at least in the womens bball section
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I hope Macie brings her running shoes...I bet that 5'-3" guard can fly....
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ta'shia Phillips is actually a senior, 6-6, and plays the lane, while Amber Harris is a 6-5 senior and roams on offense but can double in the post. They lost only to Duke (one point at Duke) and Stanford (at Stanford, where they got kicked). I would agree that they are probably the best #2 seed in the country, and playing on their home court is another kick in the pants for us, having had to play Oklahoma (who was a final four team) on their home court last year. The selection committee didn't do us any favors...despite the alleged "we look at how they are playing in the second half of the season" viewpoint. It looks like to me, that we should have gotten the Montana seed, but I think they lucked out because of geography in proximity to Spokane.

One thing is sure, it will be interesting to see how Jenny and Katie do against what may be the strongest inside game we have ever faced. It will be, at the least, a great experience for them, and I know that AJ will do the best he can with a good game plan. GO JACKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                  Ta'shia Phillips is actually a senior, 6-6, and plays the lane, while Amber Harris is a 6-5 senior and roams on offense but can double in the post. They lost only to Duke (one point at Duke) and Stanford (at Stanford, where they got kicked). I would agree that they are probably the best #2 seed in the country, and playing on their home court is another kick in the pants for us, having had to play Oklahoma (who was a final four team) on their home court last year. The selection committee didn't do us any favors...despite the alleged "we look at how they are playing in the second half of the season" viewpoint. It looks like to me, that we should have gotten the Montana seed, but I think they lucked out because of geography in proximity to Spokane.

One thing is sure, it will be interesting to see how Jenny and Katie do against what may be the strongest inside game we have ever faced. It will be, at the least, a great experience for them, and I know that AJ will do the best he can with a good game plan. GO JACKS!!
                  I'm not sure how this year's Xavier team stacks up to last year's Oklahoma team we faced in the tournament, but that game went down to the last couple minutes, so we can hopefully get ourselves in position to win this game as well. I know Xavier has some tough matchups for us inside. But don't forget we are a confident team right now. And we have Jennie, Katie, Leah, and Jennifer who can battle with the best of them inside even when undersized.

Rebounding will be a big key for us. Can we hold them to one shot? Will we get second shots and extra possessions?

Comment

Just looked at their NCAA season stats.They are a solid team accross the board.Greatest weakness,free throw shooting,ranked #237 in the country at 65.6%.I thought we could draw their bigs out a little, but they rank #49 in 3 PT FG defense,allowing just 29% shooting.Not that we can't anyway, but they know how to protect themselves from any glaring weaknesses.AJ and crew will have their work cut out trying to find and exploit any weaknesses,but I'm sure he can.I get the feeling that if it's a ball control game, we select very good shots,keep Lingle and Jennie out of foul trouble,defend and rebound well, we should be in this game.Kind of like we have been playing lately.

Comment

Looks like a tough team.

Only thing in our favor is I don't think the A10 is that tough of a conference... so maybe they haven't had the most difficult schedule...although they have definately played some tough teams (Stanford, Duke)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        Looks like a tough team.

Only thing in our favor is I don't think the A10 is that tough of a conference... so maybe they haven't had the most difficult schedule...although they have definately played some tough teams (Stanford, Duke)
                        A10 is considered to be the first conference besides the BCS likely to send more than 1 team to the play-offs. Their schedule was tough, and included several tight games in conference. The Musketeers did go undefeated through their conference schedule. Even if Jacks had the same record as the Musketeers, through our schedule we'd be no better than a 5-6 seed.

This would be more of an upset than beating Baylor two seasons ago. Jacks CAN win this with their typical stingy D, and speeding into try to get the transition buckets, plus a lights out 3's night. If this turns into a half court game, banging low all night, the results will be similar to the men's Oakland tourney game.

Comment

According to TV's blog today, the Jacks are a 26 point underdog. It's to take a great gameplan and perfect play to win this one.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...ItemsPerPage=5

Comment

Just checking things out it looks like Xavier is going to be able to give us a competitive game.

Give 'em H ladies! Absolutely nothing to lose! Enjoy the expereience and leave everything on the court!

Stay tuned for more cliches to follow.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              According to TV's blog today, the Jacks are a 26 point underdog. It's to take a great gameplan and perfect play to win this one.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...ItemsPerPage=5
                              I'll actually be in Vegas this weekend. If the Jacks are a 26-point dog, I'll be hammering that at one of the books. You see, there's no reason we can't all get along
                              University of South Dakota:
                              Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Working...
                              X