Last two weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last two weeks

Hang on to your hat, the last two weeks pit top teams against each other for a last push for a better seed, or to keep your seed by Oak and IPFW.SUU and SDSU are hot teams,ORU has injury issue,NDSU is in the thick of things too.Should give us an indication of how the tournament might shake out.Should be intresting.

Re: Last two weeks

The two through six teams are all so evenly matched that it really doesn't make much difference who you play talent-wise in the quarterfinals. But playing well these last two weeks can be important to gain confidence and momentum going into Sioux Falls. And suddenly,playing ORU in the semi's doesn't seem quite so overwhelming anymore.

Comment

I don't disagree with you bigticket1. And I like that we are as close to full strength as we can be with our own roster.

Comment

I think everyone in the conference, including ORU, is taking notice of how our ladies our playing now.

What do you call a two time defending champion, who is just finding their stride at the right time of year, and dealing with injuries all season, and finally getting healthy?

Dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          I think everyone in the conference, including ORU, is taking notice of how our ladies our playing now.

What do you call a two time defending champion, who is just finding their stride at the right time of year, and dealing with injuries all season, and finally getting healthy?

Dangerous.
          . . . and who get to play tournament games in front of essentially a home crowd . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            . . . and who get to play tournament games in front of essentially a home crowd . . .

IMO this is the main reason that SDSU(both men's and women's teams) are the only REAL threat to Oakland's men and ORU's women in Sioux Falls.

BUT...it's up to us as fans to decide wether or not we're going to give them that "home crowd". I would say we've usually stepped up in SF, other than the IPFW loss last year, where the crowd was as bad as SDSU played.

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
              IMO this is the main reason that SDSU(both men's and women's teams) are the only REAL threat to Oakland's men and ORU's women in Sioux Falls.

BUT...it's up to us as fans to decide wether or not we're going to give them that "home crowd". I would say we've usually stepped up in SF, other than the IPFW loss last year, where the crowd was as bad as SDSU played.

Go Jacks!!
              I'll be there with 15 of my friends. I've got a rooms for Fri/Sat/Sun and might stay Monday night as well. Find people who like basketball and bring them, they will not regret it. The arena needs to be rocking on Sunday, March 6th.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It seems like the crowds at the SDSU games in the Arena at theSummit are totally into it. Maybe because you don't have season ticket holders all in one space

Comment

Working...
                X