Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT--Centenary

...I just want a W.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: GDT--Centenary

I think we have a chance in this one . . . if we keep the turnovers down . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I am going to be disapointed if this game is like 65-50. It would look like win, but to me playing this team we should win by 30, but I just think this team has given up, there is no leadership and it shows. Its falling just the way the football team did. Its like they forgot how to play the game.

I hope to keep hearing Lingle as she and Sunny are about the only good things I have noticed. I say its time to stop the 3 pt shot and get Sunny and Lingle to set back screens for each other as the ball moves from side to side to get mis matches inside and turn this team in to a post playing team.

Lets get a W and hope there is improvement.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I wonder if we even hit 1000 for attendance. Weather sucks, the BCS Championship.......it could be very very quiet tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I am going to be disapointed if this game is like 65-50. It would look like win, but to me playing this team we should win by 30, but I just think this team has given up, there is no leadership and it shows. Its falling just the way the football team did. Its like they forgot how to play the game.
          Can't agree that with you when you say the team has given up. Chances are we will win tonight. That means winning 2 of last 3. That's not giving up.

Comment

50-16 at the half.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

final: SDSU 89, Centenary 37

Comment

only 650 in attendance......and it wasn't the weather. At least not for me, I chose to stay at home because of the lack of effort/execution (mental effort) over the last few games.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  only 650 in attendance......and it wasn't the weather. At least not for me, I chose to stay at home because of the lack of effort/execution (mental effort) over the last few games.
                  And somehow the team managed to do what they were supposed to do tonight. How did that happen without you there?

Comment

It is amazing how rapidly some jump off the bandwagon. Teams have ups and downs. Who doubts they'll be back?

Comment

Hey, nobody happy we are 6-10.
                      The good news is that we have only played 16 games. We've put ourselves behind the 8 ball, but this season is not over people. We've won 2 of our last 3. The loss to ORU was disappointing because it appeared we were too hesitant. ORU smells blood when that happens. Macie appears to be getting more and more healthy. Leah will be back soon. Add those two at 100% makes us a better team.
                      The win tonight was dominating, as it should have been. That is a positive. We didn't let Centenary in the game at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                        And somehow the team managed to do what they were supposed to do tonight. How did that happen without you there?
                        I have no idea, I won't go to another game, maybe they can win out. Let's pile congratulations on a team that just beat Centenary.

http://www.gocentenary.com/SportSele...96&SPSID=89622

Above is a link to their schedule. WOW! We just beat the worst team in D1 basketball history. I listened to the last few minutes, and Tyler Merriam mentioned that only 650 were in attendance, and noted it was because of the weather. It wasn't all on the weather. People are going to quit showing up, when you lose this many games in the fashion that you lose them. 30 turnovers is impossible to watch.

Comment

Can't agree that with you when you say the team has given up. Chances are we will win tonight. That means winning 2 of last 3. That's not giving up.
                          Against very weak teams. Lets see what happens with Oakland and some more challenging games. Lingle is the only one I can say has give everything, and thats why she is getting more PT.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            I have no idea, I won't go to another game, maybe they can win out. Let's pile congratulations on a team that just beat Centenary.

http://www.gocentenary.com/SportSele...96&SPSID=89622

Above is a link to their schedule. WOW! We just beat the worst team in D1 basketball history. I listened to the last few minutes, and Tyler Merriam mentioned that only 650 were in attendance, and noted it was because of the weather. It wasn't all on the weather. People are going to quit showing up, when you lose this many games in the fashion that you lose them. 30 turnovers is impossible to watch.
                            I wasn't inferring that this was an all time great win.

Comment

Hey, nobody happy we are 6-10.
                              The good news is that we have only played 16 games. We've put ourselves behind the 8 ball, but this season is not over people. We've won 2 of our last 3. The loss to ORU was disappointing because it appeared we were too hesitant. ORU smells blood when that happens. Macie appears to be getting more and more healthy. Leah will be back soon. Add those two at 100% makes us a better team.
                              The win tonight was dominating, as it should have been. That is a positive. We didn't let Centenary in the game at all.
                              I am not being sarcastic. I love your positive attitude!

Perhaps I need to be more like you, a glass half-full type of guy. I'm just down on this team right now. I really hope they prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X