• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT-Southern Utah

Dang!!!

Comment

Post-game with AJ:

Heiser had a serious asthma attack, pretty scarey for the whole team for a while, but she's okay now

Waytashek also sick not able to play after the opening minutes ... sounds like the flue.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Post-game with AJ:

Heiser had a serious asthma attack, pretty scarey for the whole team for a while, but she's okay now

Waytashek also sick not able to play after the opening minutes ... sounds like the flue.

AJ also said... Not getting much production out of Sunnarborg and needs to or will have to find someone who will produce. (Something to that affect)
        When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Comment

This season is an absolute grease fire right now. A week ago I was on record as saying there is no way we finish in bottom half of the league. Right now, I just hope we can get a win sometime soon (other than Centenary...)
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
            AJ also said... Not getting much production out of Sunnarborg and needs to or will have to find someone who will produce. (Something to that affect)
            Not sure why he would say that. she does lead us in scoring at 13 pts and FG % at 55 percent, her rebounds need to improve from 4 per game, I feel she was the only only holding her own so far this year.
            Last edited by RabbitNation; 12-30-2010, 12:11 AM.

Comment

In a one point contest, you can point your finger at a number of things that could have won you the game.Sometimes the ball bounces in,sometimes it bounces out.A 'w' would have been nice,and we need to start winning some games (OK , a lot of games) to get a good seeding for the tournement in SF.I think ORU,Oakland and the rest will find SUU a little harder to beat this year also.Shake it off & grind out a win against UMKC .

Comment

Tough loss, lets get a win Friday.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I hope I am wrong, this team is a train wreck if you ask me. Its bad because there is too much talent on this team to be lossing some of these games. A lossing record in confrence play to me is not out of the question. I could see us right now being a 5-8 seed come tourny time in SF. Its a tough loss, that could have gone the other way, but it is what it is, its a game we lost that could be been a win. We are 0-2 going into another tough road game, could easily be 0-3 in confrence soon. Thats what concerns me because these are not even though hard road games we will have. I can not see the light at the end of the tunnel at all.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I hope I am wrong, this team is a train wreck if you ask me. Its bad because there is too much talent on this team to be lossing some of these games. A lossing record in confrence play to me is not out of the question. I could see us right now being a 5-8 seed come tourny time in SF. Its a tough loss, that could have gone the other way, but it is what it is, its a game we lost that could be been a win. We are 0-2 going into another tough road game, could easily be 0-3 in confrence soon. Thats what concerns me because these are not even though hard road games we will have. I can not see the light at the end of the tunnel at all.
                    Is it goon or gloom? Maybe Gloom and Goon.....j/k,,,,anyway,maybe a thread of light will come out of the darkness if we get a win at UMKC.Keep the faith, we might pull out of this yet.Hopefully,no one will stand out as heads & shoulders above everyone else, and they'll beat each other up enough where we can afford a 0-2 start.But we 've got to turn it around soon,times running out of the hour glass.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Is it goon or gloom? Maybe Gloom and Goon.....j/k,,,,anyway,maybe a thread of light will come out of the darkness if we get a win at UMKC.Keep the faith, we might pull out of this yet.Hopefully,no one will stand out as heads & shoulders above everyone else, and they'll beat each other up enough where we can afford a 0-2 start.But we 've got to turn it around soon,times running out of the hour glass.
                      You can call me gloom, but its realist to think that way. I guess untill this team proves it is able to win these games I hold out little hope. I truly think they can and will, but I want to see it first. This loss could have been great if we won, but that did not happen, going to a team who beat a team that beat us, does not give me great hope, however we have played this team well in UMKC so I would guess we are more then able to win this game, they just need to actually do it and get a confrence win. No on is stepping up and taking lead of this team and it completely shows, thats what I think my disapointment is with this team. To me, a little here and there in adjustments both sides of the ball, and we are the team people use to be worried about playing. I expect more from this team.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                        Not sure why he would say that. she does lead us in scoring at 13 pts and FG % at 55 percent, her rebounds need to improve from 4 per game, I feel she was the only only holding her own so far this year.
                        I agree - she would be the last of the starters I would sit. 3.9 rebounds a game is not enough for a 6'2" post though. Also,she needs to improve defensively - too many games she only plays 15-20 minutes because of foul trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          I agree - she would be the last of the starters I would sit. 3.9 rebounds a game is not enough for a 6'2" post though. Also,she needs to improve defensively - too many games she only plays 15-20 minutes because of foul trouble.
                          In two of our last three games we allowed a post player for the other team dominate inside. Morgan Johnson (Iowa) had 26 points and 7 rebounds and Challis Pascucci (Southern Utah) had 25 points and 19 rebounds. Just too easy for them.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                            In two of our last three games we allowed a post player for the other team dominate inside. Morgan Johnson (Iowa) had 26 points and 7 rebounds and Challis Pascucci (Southern Utah) had 25 points and 19 rebounds. Just too easy for them.
                            Didnt shutloffel prove to be helpful last year defending the post? she doesnt seem to be getting many minutes, and not one in my book really and proved they deserve them more.

Comment

Schuttloffel has been getting big minutes since Dietel's injury. She's started some or all of those games too. She does provide a physical style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                Quite frankly, to be 6'2" and avg 3.9 rebs/gm flat out sucks. I think AJ is frustrated because this gal should be dominant and she just isn't most nights. Is she solid...yes, but she should be much more than a solid player.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X