the BCS comes to Brookings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the BCS comes to Brookings

On the argus, an add said the bcs is coming to brookings for the womens game coming up this week. I didnt think basketball was considered to have BCS confrences because they do not play a BCS system for a championship. I am guess it is just an easy way to call them major confrences with out say pac 10 and big 10 coming to Brookings, which i think sounds better then BCS coming to Brookings.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: the BCS comes to Brookings

I hear BCS used a lot on ESPN when they are talking basketball. Not sure if they mean the 6 major conferences when they speak of the BCS in basketball. On midmajority.com they have a "Red Line Upsets". If a team from the Big Seven conferences are beaten by a team from the other 25. The Big Seven includes the Mountain West.

Comment

Remember, FCS and FBS are the divisions for DI college football. The BCS is a coalition made up of 6 conferences in an effort to allow the rich to get richer. ESPN and others have adopted the BCS label when discussing members of that coalition regardless of the sport.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Remember, FCS and FBS are the divisions for DI college football. The BCS is a coalition made up of 6 conferences in an effort to allow the rich to get richer. ESPN and others have adopted the BCS label when discussing members of that coalition regardless of the sport.
        I would have guessed thats the case, yet it seems odd that college football is the only one that has a BCS system, no other sport does, seems odd to call those confrences something that is not related to the sport, or its championship.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

BCS is just a polite way of differentiating the "Haves" from the "The Haves won't share with us".
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I'll be there!

Comment

Working...
            X