pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pressure?

Not talking about handling pressure,as in taking shots in big games,etc.We do fine in that.
    At some point in time, we're going to see pressure bringing up the ball.
    I think that the biggest thing in making a pass is judgement.
    Being observent in how fast & quick your opposition is,& judgement in wether or not your player will get to it first(flight time & velocity vs space)
    Watching for players trying to sucker you into a bad pass by playing off just enough to make it "appear" someone is open.(Daniel Robinson,Oka?)
    Also, go & meet the pass if it,s a long one,unless it's high & will sail over your head if you advance toward it too much.
    One other point,hesitation will kill an opportunity for a good pass just the same as rushing it,judgement!!.Judgement throwing hard or soft.This is all obvious really, but how much thought do we actually put into it?Not too much I hope,it should be practiced so much it should be instinctive.The best pass against UVU was when Paluch i believe timed a bounce pass text book perfectly to a driving Shuttloffel for an easy lay up.Paluch waited til the timming was just right,she didn't try & force something that wasn't there.We are getting a lot more experienced & thus we are getting a lot better at passing the ball.Great passing is something the whole team can be proud of.Jus say'n.....
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-15-2010, 12:43 PM.

Re: pressure?

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Not talking about handling pressure,as in taking shots in big games,etc.We do fine in that.
    At some point in time, we're going to see pressure bringing up the ball.
    I think that the biggest thing in making a pass is judgement.
    Being observent in how fast & quick your opposition is,& judgement in wether or not your player will get to it first(flight time & velocity vs space)
    Watching for players trying to sucker you into a bad pass by playing off just enough to make it "appear" someone is open.(Daniel Robinson,Oka?)
    Also, go & meet the pass if it,s a long one,unless it's high & will sail over your head if you advance toward it too much.
    One other point,hesitation will kill an opportunity for a good pass just the same as making a foolish pass.Judgement throwing hard or soft.This is all obvious really, but how much thought do we actually put into it?Not much I hope,it should be practiced so much it should be instinctive.The best pass against UVU was when Paluch i believe timed a bounce pass text book perfectly to a driving Shuttloffel for an easy lay up.Paluch waited til the timming was just right,she didn't try & force something that wasn't there.We are getting a lot more experienced & thus we are getting a lot better at passing the ball.Great passing is something the whole team can be proud of.Jus say'n.....
    I'm guessing we'll see some pressure on the ball tonight vs. Hampton.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Athletic players,described as quick.......I'm just about positive we will.

Comment

I think we have to play very close on defense & trust in the others to fill the passing lanes.And all the other players gaurding thier players just as close.Hope to see some 5 sec calls.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I'm guessing we'll see some pressure on the ball tonight vs. Hampton.
          I heard that, too.

Hopefully we'll be able to handle it.

Does seem like Hampton's strength is one of our "unknowns", not so much a weakness, but with Allison gone, and Maci out, not alot of experience on the floor dealing with pressure at this level.

Comment

IMO, the 3 ORU games last year and the game against the Sooners will have helped the team as they see pressure this season. The women will know what to expect.

You don't have to have the fastest women on the court or the best dribbler in the world to be able to deal with the press. The basketball IQ that AJ looks for in players will have a bigger impact on how we deal with the pressure than anything else.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
            X