Is it fair to say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it fair to say?

Is it fair to apply the old cliche that we don't rebuild, we reload?

Since -01-02 season
    01-02: 28-7 Division II Final Four
    02-03: 32-3 Division II National Champlons
    03-04: 26-6 Division II Elite Eight
    04-05: 21-7 Transition to DI
    05-06: 20-8 Win over Wisconsin and 29- and 22-point wins over NDSU
    06-07: 27-6 Third round of Women's NIT
    07-08: 25-7 First round Women's NIT
    08-09: 33-3 Weeks in the top 25, Summit League champs, lost by two to Baylor in second round of NCAA Tournament.
    09-10: 22-11, Summit League tournament champs, lost to Oklahoma in first round of NCAA tournament.

A Division I power that is not resting on DII laurels.

234-58, including 148-42 in DI era.

Reload not rebuild?

Re: Is it fair to say?

The TEAM does incredibly well here at SDSU. If you're a star women's basketball player in the upper midwest, how can you not be aware of this success rate?

Jacks should be challenging Marquette, DePaul, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, and Iowa St, Purdue, etc. every year with our talented team.

What's really amazing is the DEPTH of the Jacks team, and the sum-is-greater-than-individual cohesion of these teams. Last year, Jacks took a while to jell, and they ended up as only the third seed in the Summit. But pulled together in Sioux Falls to make the NCAA tourney. Jacks are likely to never host a NCAA, but Sioux Falls, with a 10K arena, could. Hopefully, Sioux Falls starts pursuing this for about 3-4 years out.

AJ is a master coach, and hopefully we can keep him many more seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
      The TEAM does incredibly well here at SDSU. If you're a star women's basketball player in the upper midwest, how can you not be aware of this success rate?

Jacks should be challenging Marquette, DePaul, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, and Iowa St, Purdue, etc. every year with our talented team.

What's really amazing is the DEPTH of the Jacks team, and the sum-is-greater-than-individual cohesion of these teams. Last year, Jacks took a while to jell, and they ended up as only the third seed in the Summit. But pulled together in Sioux Falls to make the NCAA tourney. Jacks are likely to never host a NCAA, but Sioux Falls, with a 10K arena, could. Hopefully, Sioux Falls starts pursuing this for about 3-4 years out.

AJ is a master coach, and hopefully we can keep him many more seasons.
      I agree that SF could host the NCAA Tourney but I think they will need a new arena before they do. It sounds like they are making some headway but I'll wait until I see it to believe it.
      Last year, SDSU lost 11 games. That's more than any other season that we are talking about but I think their schedule was tougher. The loss of Megan and Jen had something to do with this. I do think that SDSU is getting better recruiting classes now though. It seems like SDSU always loses somebody but there is always somebody else there to step up.
      I think SDSU will always be up there as long as AJ is around, too.

Comment

Reload til you run out of bullets.Hopefully, with good recruiting , that will never happen.AJ is a master at turning raw recruits into highly motivated ,talented,disciplined,players who work together for the good of the team.
        Some years will be better than others, but rest assured that AJ & staff will have them playing at thier full potential by the end of the year.
        This is a progression thing i believe, keep chipping away at imperfections (sp?)til you've carved your "masterpiece"
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-10-2010, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Regarding AJ, if we want to keep him SDSU and USD are going to need to work together to get rid of the insane one year contract idea. It is just too big of a risk for him to be essentially a FA every year. If the recruits in the upper midwest keep an eye on the program's success, then you better believe that AJ is on many AD's short list of possible candidates.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Regarding AJ, if we want to keep him SDSU and USD are going to need to work together to get rid of the insane one year contract idea. It is just too big of a risk for him to be essentially a FA every year. If the recruits in the upper midwest keep an eye on the program's success, then you better believe that AJ is on many AD's short list of possible candidates.
            Anyone know the reason for this (and please don't have it be "because it is always been this way").. It does seem to devalue committment and long-term success.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Anyone know the reason for this (and please don't have it be "because it is always been this way").. It does seem to devalue committment and long-term success.
              It's SD law...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                It's SD law...

Citation, please.

Comment

Working...
                X