Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cindy Henning

Originally posted by LuckyRabbitFoot View Post
    First of all, when things are not going well on the court and the offense is not working..., one of the first things that you do in vb is replace the setter (ask any coach), it changes the flow of the game and can serve as a great "jump start" to something that hs just gone stagnant, also the team lacked the killer instinct, due to youth, due to coaching, maybe coaching tension?....she has a lot of talent on the team and I think they will be exciting to watch.
    hmmm, pretty sure they wouldnt change the setter first, but change the play or the hitters. a setter plays way too vital a role for that to be the first thing a coach turns to. unless, of course, the setter is the reason for the "stagnant" situation.
    the only reason a team uses two setters as much as nana does is cause neither setters are stepping up, or outplaying the other. that's the bottom line, theres no escaping it.

true they didnt have killer instinct tho. i cant argue with that.

Comment

Nana will be in her 3rd year this fall. It looks like that 2/3 of her recruits will be in place this fall. Is this the year they can make a big move up in the Summit League? Seems like the excuses are running thin, the talent is there, and another asst. coach arrives in May (so does another grad asst.) This fall will be a great opportunity to see if the program is on the rise? Or will we need a new asst. coach to get there?

Fall 2010 should tell us a lot.

Comment

asst. coaches and now players leaving

Ok, I made my point on the continual changes on the asst. coaches the last three years under Coach Nana and no one made any comments. Now we know Fiona Jones announced she is leaving SDSU. Ask any coach or administrators to confirm her departure!!! Come on media do your job!!! No news on where she is transferring, but she is leaving SDSU!

I know Fiona Jones made the all freshman team but did anyone notice she had by far the worse hitting% on the team last year!! It was about .100 or 10% hitting. That is like hitting .100 in baseball, that is horrible. She had more hitting errors than others had attempts. I am quoting facts not opinion, check the stats if SDSU head coach won't cover it up anymore!

Another interesting season ahead with Coach Nana at the helm!

Comment

Re: asst. coaches and now players leaving

Originally posted by Blackshirt Jack View Post
          Ok, I made my point on the continual changes on the asst. coaches the last three years under Coach Nana and no one made any comments. Now we know Fiona Jones announced she is leaving SDSU. Ask any coach or administrators to confirm her departure!!! Come on media do your job!!! No news on where she is transferring, but she is leaving SDSU!

I know Fiona Jones made the all freshman team but did anyone notice she had by far the worse hitting% on the team last year!! It was about .100 or 10% hitting. That is like hitting .100 in baseball, that is horrible. She had more hitting errors than others had attempts. I am quoting facts not opinion, check the stats if SDSU head coach won't cover it up anymore!

Another interesting season ahead with Coach Nana at the helm!
          She is going to Boise State.

Comment

Re: asst. coaches and now players leaving

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
            She is going to Boise State.
            That is to bad. Its never a good thing when you loose a player. I know a previous post indicated her poor hitting percentage but we set her in the back row very often and we really did not have many options outside of Youngren and Jones. She would have fit in nicely I think with the return of Fiegen. I liked her aggresive play and attitude. We will miss Fiona Jones. You don't make the all freshman team because you are a poor player.

Good luck to her at Boise.

GBGBGJ

Comment

It is too bad that Jones left. I agree, it is not good when players leave and we have new asst coach every year. However, I disagree factually with the assertion that Jones hitting % was impacted by back row hitting. She hit from the backrow at less than 10% of her swings and I disagree and believe there were other choices who have much better hitting percentages but much less opportunity. Check the SDSU stats, like Klingeman (another all freshman team member) and Herman both significantly higher hitting%. The return of a healthy Fiegen is critical.

Comment

Working...
              X