Cindy Henning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cindy Henning

4 finalists for the assistant coaching job is suppose to be on campus this week.

Comment

Originally posted by darkerstill View Post
      That is an understatement. We have Palileo to thank for that.
      You mean you have Palileo to thank for the hiring of Nana or the POOR decisions of assistant coach hirings. Pretty sure Phil is happy as a head coach in an established league like the Mo. Valley and he is SUCCESSFUL there. Sometimes people need a nudge in the right directon and out of "the comfort zone". Don't get me wrong, love Phil but pretty sure Palileo isn't to "blame" for bad assistant hirings the last two years. Not sayin, just sayin!

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
        You mean you have Palileo to thank for the hiring of Nana or the POOR decisions of assistant coach hirings. Pretty sure Phil is happy as a head coach in an established league like the Mo. Valley and he is SUCCESSFUL there. Sometimes people need a nudge in the right directon and out of "the comfort zone". Don't get me wrong, love Phil but pretty sure Palileo isn't to "blame" for bad assistant hirings the last two years. Not sayin, just sayin!
        I think his point was that it's Palileo's fault we lost McDaniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          I think his point was that it's Palileo's fault we lost McDaniel.
          That was exactly his point.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            That was exactly his point.
            Yes, B-Town...it was. This post stirred up a little emotion in me. Don't get me wrong, Phil is doing great at Drake and from what I can tell is very happy. I also know he would have loved to have stayed here at SDSU. It was just a really poor and immature move on Palileo's part. But, enough said. Time to move on and get us a great assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by darkerstill View Post
              Yes, B-Town...it was. This post stirred up a little emotion in me. Don't get me wrong, Phil is doing great at Drake and from what I can tell is very happy. I also know he would have loved to have stayed here at SDSU. It was just a really poor and immature move on Palileo's part. But, enough said. Time to move on and get us a great assistant.
              How come we can't just say Palileo screwed us all the way around? Or did I just say that?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                How come we can't just say Palileo screwed us all the way around? Or did I just say that?
                True dat!

Comment

What exactly happened with McDaniel? I thought he took the Drake job before Palileo even left. Did he get let go before taking the Drake job?

Comment

I'll be curious to see if Marcelina Glab (sp?) - big gal from Watertown, will be as enamored with Palileo being out west. It's a long way from home and often times these kids think they're ready for the big time, but again, it's a long way from home. I couldn't help but think watching her during the past VB season that she would look good in Blue & Yellow! (But then anyone that saw her play - correct me if I'm wrong - she would look pretty good in whatever colors she is wearing!)

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      What cheeses me off is that Palileo didn't need to strip SDSU bare on his way out the door. He was going to a frickin' PAC TEN SCHOOL. Palileo can recruit like nobody's business--and with a steep budget and name recognition...... You'd think he would've had the ethics to leave what he had here for his successor, instead of basically guaranteeing her at least two rotten seasons, and probably three. My guess is he figured they were -his- players and it was perfectly acceptable to take them wherever he went.

Nana has done a pretty good job recruiting (thinking particularly of Fiona Jones), but the program is about where the MBB team was a year or two ago.

Comment

I'm tired of you people WHINING about how coaches who leave SDSU "screwed" the program by having players go with them. 90%, maybe more, of Division 1 athletes go to the schools because of the coach not the academic programs or the weather or the city or whatever. Most of the Universities have similar academic programs and for coaches at SDSU to recruit quality athletes to their programs, THE COACHES have to sell what they are doing. And I commend the SDSU coaches for doing just that. Coaches HAVE to build relationships with their athletes and unless you have never been around college athletics, you have no idea how tight these teams really are. Because of those relationships, athletes are loyal to the person who brought them to the university in the first place - THE COACH!
                        As for Palileo "stripping SDSU bare", be serious. The program graduated 3 All-Summit league players and the 4th - Emily Rooney - was basically the same class just red shirted a year so she had a year left. Her dad said it was the best decision she ever made besides coming to SDSU to play for PALILEO in the first place. As for Annie Adams, she didn't get along with Nana, for whatever reason, from the start. She would have left anyway. If I remember correctly, the best setter in the league as a freshman, Malia Iwomoto was still here and Nana turned her into an outside hitter. REALLY?! Palileo's fault? NO! The best two players the Jacks have currently are Palileo, not SDSU, recruits. Ellyce Youngren and Kelli Fiegen. How come it was ok for Palileo to bring Sara Biggerstaff(remember Bigs, she was pretty good huh?) with him to SDSU from Bethel, that's where she planned on going, but if someone leaves SDSU - OMG the worst thing ever. Whatever - I think they call that hypocritical!
                        Not trying to be a Palileo apologist but please, get over the 'HE TOOK OUR BEST PLAYERS AWAY" crap. This is Division I. It's a business now as much as it is sport.
                        I'll quit my rant by saying that Nana is excited about the potential in the assistant coach candidates and I wish the SDSU VB team nothing but success and good luck this upcoming season. GO JACKS!

Comment

Since when is 'that's how everybody does it' a legitimate justification?

Comment

It wasn't a justification it was a statement of fact.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                              What exactly happened with McDaniel? I thought he took the Drake job before Palileo even left. Did he get let go before taking the Drake job?
                              Palileo announced he was leaving not long AFTER McDaniel took the Drake job. I'll have a hard time forgiving him for that. I believe McDaniel would have stayed and that would have been a great transition...instead of having Palileo leave, take a player with one year to play with him, and his "best" recruit and SDSU having to go through finding a new coach with five months to go until the season started. You can debate it all, but I don't believe he took the high road in leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
                                I'm tired of you people WHINING about how coaches who leave SDSU "screwed" the program by having players go with them.
                                Let me get this right, you are saying we can't say that Palileo screwed SDSU on this deal? Maybe your just saying we shouldn't say that. I wasn't whining really, just stating an opinion.

I suppose I could have said what everybody thought which is pretty much what #1Fan just posted but that didn't seem as interesting or reply provoking as using the word screwed. Anyways...
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X