• Show
Clear All

Re: Melia Iwamoto gone

Not Coach Palileo. Leave it be.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
      Not Coach Palileo. Leave it be.
      Than your a pretty good apologist for someone who did not "leave it be" the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
        Let's see... A year ago WSU only won one PAC-10 match, this year 3. Swept the Arizona's on the final weekend of the regular season. 7 of the 10 PAC-10 teams were in the NCAA TOurnament, 9 of the league teams were ranked in the top 25 a majority of the year.
        I don't know how it works but can you be ranked most of the year and not make the tourney? I guess if you lose enough games at the end of the season(in conference) it could happen.

I think it's really to early to judge how he'll do. He did improve them from 1 to 3 wins in the conference. I think they only had 2 seniors and 3 juniors last year. They were a rebuilding team. I guess you could compare them to SDSU's Men's basketball team. SDSU"s team was as young last year and only won 3 conference games. They've already won the many this year. I'm not saying Palileo isn't a good coach. I think he's good but he would have struggled with SDSU's team this year, too. He just didn't have well rounded recruiting classes.

For getting rid of Phil and then leaving the team, that's not typical of most SDSU coaches I know. He might not have got the job anyway but that's something we'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Than your a pretty good apologist for someone who did not "leave it be" the right way.
          I think its best to leave it be JackGuy. You really don't know how it was left and blaming Andrew for everything is just flat wrong.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
            I think its best to leave it be JackGuy. You really don't know how it was left and blaming Andrew for everything is just flat wrong.
            I'm not blaming him for everything, but I'm also not going to listen quietly to rhetoric that makes him into some kind hero!

Comment

Any additions to where Melia has gone, and how she's doing are fine in this thread. Any other subject (ie Palileo discussion) are matters for another thread. Next non Melia item here locks this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                Any additions to where Melia has gone, and how she's doing are fine in this thread. Any other subject (ie Palileo discussion) are matters for another thread. Next non Melia item here locks this thread.
                I like beer and pie ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  I like beer and pie ;-)
                  Smarty Pants ~

Comment

Working...
                  X