Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Championship

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Congrats ladies on a fantastic season and both the regular and tournament Summitt League Championships!

Nobody can ever take away the fact the you have won the right to compete in the first Division 1 NCAA Post-Season Tournament!

Fantastic!

SUPERBUNNY
    This might be a stupid question, but why can the volleyball team compete in post-season play when the football, basketball, soccer, and various other teams cannot?

Comment

Originally posted by agrabbit18 View Post
      This might be a stupid question, but why can the volleyball team compete in post-season play when the football, basketball, soccer, and various other teams cannot?
      I believe that that SDSU and NDSU appealed for excemption for two sports (non-revenue) and got them from the NCAA. Wrestling and Volleyball were chosen, so they could participate in the post season a year earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
        I believe that that SDSU and NDSU appealed for excemption for two sports (non-revenue) and got them from the NCAA. Wrestling and Volleyball were chosen, so they could participate in the post season a year earlier.
        The wrestling and volleyball teams were postseason-eligible last season.

Comment

Wow. What a regular season. Congratulations, Jacks! Good luck in the post-season.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I believe all schools are allowed two sports, other than basketball and football, to get "accelerated" post-season eligibility.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

It was great to get to recognize the team at halftime of the game today. Great season and good luck in the tourney. I hope the first round is in Nebraska, I'll be there if it is.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                It was great to get to recognize the team at halftime of the game today. Great season and good luck in the tourney. I hope the first round is in Nebraska, I'll be there if it is.
                I agree...it was nice to see the VB team recognized during the women's BB game. I heard that they will find out where they are seeded in the tournament and who they play on Sunday. I'll be looking forward to seeing who we get stacked up against.

Here is some basic info on the tournament format:

http://www.ncaasports.com/volleyball/womens/schedules

Comment

We at the Collegian had a reporter there
                  http://media.www.sdsucollegian.com/m...-3111212.shtml

For the first time in SDSU history, a Jackrabbit team will be moving on to play in the NCAA championships. When Mackenzie Angner's kill hit the floor and won the match for the Jacks, SDSU claimed the first ever Summit League Championship with a 3-2 (30-21, 30-27, 30-28, 30-18, 15-12) victory over IPFW at the Hilliard Gates Sports Center on the campus of IPFW on Nov. 17.

After victories in their first two games, the Jackrabbits seemed to be in control and appeared in position to hoist the Summit League trophy without losing a single game in the tournament. In the third game, the IPFW's colorful crowd-along with their team-woke up and started to challenge the Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                  X