Re: Summit League Championship

Jacks win....REGULAR SEASON SUMMIT LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

YEAH JACKS!!!!

Now on to get the NCAA qualifier next weekend

Comment

Wow.. I know it was a busy day of sports in SD today.. but not one mention of SDSU volleyball team winning the Summit Championship so far in the news tonight

Comment

Congratulations to the SDSU volleyball team. The first Division 1 Conference champions in SDSU history. What a wonderful group of young ladies. Continued success in the Summit tourney.

Comment

SDSU #1 Seed
            NDSU #2 Seed

IF IPFW wins vs IUPUI then #3 seed.
            If IPFW loses, then #4 seed.

WIU in #4 if IPFW wins.
            ORU in #3 if IPFW loses.

New 3 schools get 3 of 4 of the championship slots.

Congrats Rabbits!!!! We knew we'd compete quickly in this league!

Comment

Wow. The Jacks first league championship already. Well done!
              This space for lease.

Comment

The Jacks will play Western Illinois on Friday while NDSU will face IPFW.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
                  How is the crowd tonite?

I heard 941. I don't remember if it was announced at the game or if I heard it on the radio afterward. I'm not sure what constitutes a good crowd for volleyball, but it seemed respectable.

Way to go, Jacks!
                  An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                  US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

5:00 Friday night in Fort Wayne
                    Jacks vs. Western Illinois for the right to play for the conference title and the spot in the NCAA Tourney.

South Dakota State (23-8, 13-3 Summit) earned the top seed after dropping just three Summit League matches. The Jacks boast three of the top five individual hitting percentages in the league in Amy Anderson (.358, first), Emily Rooney (.349, second) and Kristina Martin (.304, fifth). Anderson also leads the league in blocks (1.32 bpg), while freshman setter Melia Iwamoto is tops in assists (12.94 apg). Libero Samantha Pearson is third in digs (5.66 dpg), while Martin (4.31) and Mackenzie Angner (4.09) rank second and third, respectively, in kills. As a team, SDSU leads the league in hitting percentage (.260), blocks (2.60) and service aces (1.64), and ranks second in assists (14.50) and third in kills (15.89)

Comment

ORU from 1st place tie to out of tourney after being swept out of the Dakotas.

Congrats Ladies!!!!

BEAT WESTERWINDS for a 3rd straight match.

Then BEAT the Dead Elephants or those cud-chewing Bovines!

NCAA qualifier is two matches away!!!

Comment

The two semi-final matches take place on Friday in Fort Wayne, IN:
                        SDSU v. Western Illinois at 5:00 Eastern Time
                        NDSU v. IPFW at 7:30 ET.

The winners advance to the finals on Saturday at 3:00 ET in Fort Wayne.

Go Jackrabbit Volleyball! Get to the NCAA Tourney!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          The two semi-final matches take place on Friday in Fort Wayne, IN:
                          SDSU v. Western Illinois at 5:00 Eastern Time
                          NDSU v. IPFW at 7:30 ET.

The winners advance to the finals on Saturday at 3:00 ET in Fort Wayne.

Go Jackrabbit Volleyball! Get to the NCAA Tourney!
                          I can see/hear it now over the PA at Coughlin about 4:00pm Saturday. SDSU Volleyball defeats NDSU for a tournament birth at about the same time Corey Koenig is raising the dakota marker over his head. Perfect...
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I was at the game with my brother and 2 of my children. Great atmosphere. Crowd was announced at just under 1000 but it seemed like more than that.

If you have ever thought about attending a VB game and just didn't do it for whatever reason, do it. I intend to make it too many more games next year.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I was at the game with my brother and 2 of my children. Great atmosphere. Crowd was announced at just under 1000 but it seemed like more than that.

If you have ever thought about attending a VB game and just didn't do it for whatever reason, do it. I intend to make it too many more games next year.
                              Good for you JackMD...you're right on. I've watched Jack volleyball for a number of years, and it is exciting, the athleticism is great, the action fast.

By the way, IMHO, the Jacks played their best volleyball EVER Saturday night, at least during the years I've watched. The digs were PHENOMENAL, the hustle outstanding, and the serve/receive passes (which have been a problem at times during this season) were excellent! If they can replicate that this weekend, they WILL be the tournament champions.

Comment

I think when, not if, they are conference champions they are a legit threat to win a NCAA tourney game. Unlike Oral Roberts last year, I think the Jacks have some of the weapons to get the job done against top notch competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X