2024 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Season

I didn’t have high expectations for this year with key players leaving but our women have proved me wrong. 6-0 which is our best start in over 20 years! Encouraging wins over some prior league foes. Hopefully the momentum continues as the year goes on!

Women are now 8-0! We haven't played any major teams but we haven't played cupcake teams either. Finally playing in SD next week with 3 games at the Pentagon.

Comment

Wow, women finish the non-conference stretch 11-0! Yes they didn’t play P4 teams but they played some very good mid majors and to win that many in a row says a lot. The long awaited comeback for Jackrabbit volleyball may finally have arrived.

Comment

I'm not an avid volleyball follower, but I had to stop in here to say I'm very impressed with their 12-0 start! Way to go ladies! Truly a remarkable start, especially considering the state of the program within the last decade even. Keep it up! Go Jacks!

Comment

This team is unreal! 13 in a row now (still undefeated - crazy!). They played as poorly as they could have and still pulled one out against ORU. Then today beat a good Denver team on the road. Excited to see what kind of crowd they draw when they finally play in Brookings next week.

Comment

Incredible night with too many great things to list!

An amazing renovated arena, a record crowd, and a Jackrabbit sweep over a good KC team. Still early but looking like the greatest team SDSU has had…ever. Sydney Shetnan may be an all-american by the time she is done here.

Comment

The Volleyball team is off to its best-start and the Summit League is recognizing the efforts. Today, 10/3/24, the Summit League announced its "Peak Performers of the Month" and "Peak Newcomer of the Month" awards. The four honorees included two Jacks Volleyball players.:

Jackrabbit Volleyball middle blocker Sydney Schetnan and Denver soccer midfielder Sam Bassett are the first Peak Performers of the Month for the academic year.

Jackrabbit Volleyball middle blocker Madison Burr and Oral Roberts soccer forward Omar Mora are the inaugural Peak Newcomers of the Month. The Peak Newcomer of the Month is a new league honor and will be awarded monthly to an honoree participating in their first season at a Summit League school.

https://thesummitleague.org/news/202...the-month.aspx

Comment

I'd like to hear any comments from attendees of the volleyball match with UMKC, regarding what you think of the new First Bank & Trust configuration of ol' Frost Arena.

And...14-0? Wowsers!
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Attended the game last night with my kids. We were impressed with everything. It feels very steep but in a good way and right on top of the court. The band couldn't be any closer to the court which I think is a good thing?

We rushed to get there just to make it on time so didn't get to check out much before hand. A quick circle for concessions after the first set and its all feels so new but sort of feels the same if that makes senses? Its not just a fresh coat of paint on some things, and new other things. It just feels like they didn't over look anything and it turned out great.

Really liked the use of the old court/wood with all of the trophies. Sound system was great. The curved video board above center court I wasn't a fan of at first but after seeing all the replays immediately after a big play I was sold. Really liked the blue light affect with the intros before the game with the main lights off.

My kids said they want to go back. I would like to try to sit in some different seats to see some different angles and also check out a basketball game now also to see that experience.

Fans were engaged and not just there to see new arena. You just get a feeling watching that team, that they are going to do big things and have a lot of momentum behind them.

Comment

Women are receiving votes for the top 25 this week. Who would’ve thought after the last decade we would be here. Amazing.

Bigger news is the match Thursday against Omaha. #1 vs #2 in the conference. This will tell us where we really are. Hoping for another big turnout.

Comment

We just swept Omaha…

I hope SDSU fans realize how incredible this team is. The only 2 undefeated teams left in D1 are us and #1 Pitt. I wouldn’t have thought any time in the last decade we would ever sweep Omaha. We may very well be ranked in the top 25 soon. What a team!!!

Comment

This is just amazing, incredible how well they're doing !!

Comment

Are the volleyball games on ESPN+?
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            Are the volleyball games on ESPN+?
                            SummitLeagueNetwork should carry these.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Successful end to Hobo Day 2024 with the Jacks beating UND. Now the only undefeated team left in the country as Pitt lost today. Still can’t wrap my head around what this team is doing! Attendance and atmosphere is top notch to match it.

Comment

Working...
                              X