2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Season

Credit to the volleyball team and our new staff. Great 5-2 start to the season. Almost beat a really good Toledo team last night but fell short in 5 sets. Bounced back this morning with a 5 set win over Youngstown. Early in the season but far better signs than we have seen in years to get our volleyball program back to where it used to be!

No doubt that the new coach is making progress in moving the Jacks back into a competitive level from a rock bottom start. It will take a few years to get there, but so far it is a promising start. The team won two games in the Invitational this week, but ran into a buzz saw against a good Drake team Saturday. Credit them,, however, after domination by Drake in the first two sets, when they took them to the wire before losing 25-23. Fans were getting sparse with the bottom dwelling team the last couple of years...but it is time for volleyball fans to get back in Frost to encourage them on.

Comment

Volleyball has been putting together a really good season. So awesome to see the improvements. There is a game Friday night and if you are coming up for the weekend you should go and check them out!

Comment

The Volleyball team lost in four sets to USD tonight but the improvement continues

SDSU 25, USD 19;
        USD 25, SDSU 12;
        USD 25, SDSU 12;
        USD 25, SDSU 18.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          The Volleyball team lost in four sets to USD tonight but the improvement continues

SDSU 25, USD 19;
          USD 25, SDSU 12;
          USD 25, SDSU 12;
          USD 25, SDSU 18.
          Two sets of 25-12 not the best,went into a big funk there, won one set and 25-18 competative, but, I agree we are much,much better than we were for a long time. I can see us getting up there within a couple of years do to the great progress we made this year alone, if things fall the way they should, good recruiting, good coaching, no injuries, etc. I'm just speculating of course, but the future looks a lot rosier for sure to me.

Comment

This freshman class is going to be very good. Highly regarded nationally.

Comment

I happened to catch Nebraska's head volleyball coach on his weekly radio show a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned how high school volleyball in South Dakota is on the upswing and that they are spending more time recruiting South Dakota than ever before.

He also mentioned they also are actively working to schedule matches with the Jacks and yotes.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                I happened to catch Nebraska's head volleyball coach on his weekly radio show a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned how high school volleyball in South Dakota is on the upswing and that they are spending more time recruiting South Dakota than ever before.

He also mentioned they also are actively working to schedule matches with the Jacks and yotes.
                Jacksfaninne, I alway's thougt you were female (maybe you are?) because I associated (wrongly) that Jacksfaninne was female version of fan, similar to Hero and Heroine as an example, finally, I looked a little longer at it and it dawned on me, Jacksfaninne stands for Jacks - fan - in - Ne Took me awhile, but better late than never. Hope you find my misconception a little humorous, I've been known to jump to the wrong conclusions from time to time.

Comment

SDSU in the Summit League Tournament after sweeping NDSU last night. Hard to believe it’s our first time in that since 2010 and our first time sweeping NDSU in the Summit League. Both of those feats were long overdue. Kudos to the players and coaching staff. Still more goals to build towards but this season has been a huge step forward! https://twitter.com/gojacksvb/status...957978116?s=21

Comment

Wow, SDSU upsets Denver in 5 sets in the first round of the Summit League Tournament. Semifinals tomorrow night against USD in Verm. Tough next round but what a feat. This team is so mentally tough and our head coach is doing incredible things with this program!

Comment

Coach Gregorlas is building something special…let’s go ladies!

Comment

What an effort by the ladies tonight. Dropped a 5 set thriller but showed the future is looking bright.

Comment

So close and I’m sure a hard loss to swallow but I couldn’t be more proud. This team made far more progress than anyone expected and showed they can compete with anyone in this league, even on their opponent’s floor. Already looking forward to next year!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                            So close and I’m sure a hard loss to swallow but I couldn’t be more proud. This team made far more progress than anyone expected and showed they can compete with anyone in this league, even on their opponent’s floor. Already looking forward to next year!
                            It was very exciting for fans how this team finished the season so strong. Great things ahead and attendance should increase as games become more exciting to compliment the team's spectacular improvement this season. They are fun to watch, simply said, well done.

Comment

Working...
                            X