This week in Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This week in Volleyball

Three South Dakota State University volleyball players have earned weekly honors in the Division I Independent ranks.

Honored Tuesday were Amy Anderson as Offensive Player of the Week, Samantha Pearson as Defensive Player of the Week and Diedra Artz as Newcomer of the Week.
    http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5450 A nice 8 day road trip for the Jacks started with the girls leaving this morning and not coming back until next Wednesday.

Comment

40 minutes until first serve at Utah Valley State. Catch all the action on 910 radio. Go Jacks.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...32/1002/SPORTS

Although eligible for the first time, the South Dakota State volleyball team will not receive one of 33 at-large bids into the 64-team NCAA Division I volleyball championships.

Had they won 30 matches, the Jackrabbits might have received nominal consideration from the selection committee, head coach Andrew Palileo said, but he doesn't think an independent team ever has earned a tournament invitation.

The team's tangible target this fall was 24 or 25 victories and, despite two disappointing losses in the final week of the regular season, SDSU can hit the smaller of those numbers by finishing first in its last Division I Independent Tournament before joining the Mid-Continent Conference next season. The six-team, two-day Independent event starts Friday in Fargo.

The pressure will peak this weekend, though the Independent Tournament offers only a trophy rather than a national tournament bid to the winner.

The Jacks finished second in the event each of the past two years and are looking for more. However, they'll have to recover from being swept by North Dakota State in Saturday's home finale.

Following that loss, SDSU held a team meeting. What was supposed to be film session turned into "more of a yell and talk session," Klusaw said. It lasted nearly two hours.

The Jacks hope to make more organized noise in their final event as a Division I orphan.

Comment

I sure hope they do good up in Fargo or it won't be a fun trip home. On the Mid Con side I know we put a bid in to host the Mid Con tourney here next year.

Comment

Dang I won't catch much of the basketball games or football game this weekend cuz I will be up in Fargo with the volleyball team.  I hope you guys keep us & me updated on the scores.  Let's Hope the Rabbits can get it done this weekend they play at 11 against Providence tomorrow and at 8 against Utah Valley State.   Hopefully they will be bringing home a championship this weekend.

Comment

Blue here reporting in Fargo. After a 2 and a half hour drive up here an hour of practice and dinner last night, the girls have taken off to get prepared for their first game at 11 against normal Big East school Providence. These girls were fun to be around with and I hope the rest of the weekend goes well for them. Keep me posted on the other sports with frequent updates during the game please I promise I won't let you down, I am developing a story about my travels I hope to see published in The Collegian next week or the week after.

Comment

I am not able to get the webcast. How are the ladies doing against Providence. I know it started around 11:30.

Comment

Jacks defeat Providence 3-0. Game scores of 30-20, 30-26, 30-15.

Comment

Up here in Bisonville things are getting started a little late as the game between IPFW and NDSU goes long in five with IPFW winning. The girls are warming up as we speak, and it could prove to be a tough game as Utah Valley State decimated Providence by scores of 30-14, 30-14, and 30-8.

Comment

Game one started out slow but the girls tried to rally but came up short 30-28. Momentium was not on their side starting out the game but they found it towards the end of the game. Utah Valley now sits in front of me. Come on let's go Bunnies.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                        Game one started out slow but the girls tried to rally but came up short 30-28.  Momentium was not on their side starting out the game but they found it towards the end of the game.  Utah Valley now sits in front of me.  Come on let's go Bunnies.
                        Ladies lose 3-0. They play NDSU today for 3rd Place. IPFW plays UVSU for the championship. Were not playing as well as we did earlier in the season. Finish strong ladies and go get'em in the Mid-Con next season.

Comment

Unfortunately the ladies don't have that fire in their eyes they had at mid season. The van ride home tonight might not be too much fun if they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                            Unfortunately the ladies don't have that fire in their eyes they had at mid season.  The van ride home tonight might not be too much fun if they lose.
                            Hopefully they can find that fire just one more time this year. ztheir match should be underway as we speak on 910 radio. Go Jacks.

Comment

Unfortunately the flame died out after the first game. Jacks lose in 4 to NDSU.

Comment

On a lighter note the Fieldhouse smells like urine and is dark and decrepit. ;D The must be the unoffical pride and joy of you NDSU fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X