Volleyball recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Volleyball recruiting

As for the reason the sisters left...A mixture of disciplinary (i.e. a few underages and other problems) and not agreeing with the coaching style.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
      [quote author=EQguy link=1170908166/0#13 date=1171117960]I would also add that Andrew probably isn't the easiest coach to play for.  He expects and gets alot out of his athletes.  My guess is that they come in and see the level of commitment required and some don't have the stomach for it.
      Or maybe they left because they wanted a major SDSU doesn't offer. Or maybe they just didn't feel comfortable here. Or... well, who knows?

I don't think it's fair to suggest they couldn't hack it here. We don't know for sure why they left, but let's just wish them the best and cheer for whoever replaces them on the roster.[/quote]

I wasn't implying that any one player left because they couldn't hack it.  I was saying that I have seen several instances in several sports over the years, where players came to college and didn't realize the level of commitment it takes to play at this level, and I have also seen how tough Andrew can be on his players.  I am not saying that either thing is bad, just a high probability (that one is for you el_presidente) that this is the case.  Which seems to be confirmed by bluehat's post.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

As for the reason the sisters left...A mixture of disciplinary (i.e. a few underages and other problems)
        Hey blue hat...that is their own problem and the whole world doesnt need to know about some things. You just gave them a name that they dont deserve. I was once in college and know things like that happen, but the whole world doesnt need to know about it. Maybe you should give stalking a break.

Comment

;D ;D Funny lil croc...Maybe you should read the Brookings Register court section, you can get a lot of info from there...If it is made public it's not stalking you funny lil man

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
            As for the reason the sisters left...A mixture of disciplinary (i.e. a few underages and other problems) and not agreeing with the coaching style.
            I really didn't need to know that.

Now in this thread we have a list of names of people who are leaving and a list of possible reasons, none of which is attached to a specific person. So we're left to speculate who's guilty of misdemeanors, who's not tough enough to hack it here, and who's guilty of not liking our coach. And we have no real idea of whether any or all of those things are true or simply rumors.

That sort of speculation about student athletes' motivations for their choices, as I understand it, is one of the things we generally try not to do on this board.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
              Now in this thread we have a list of names of people who are leaving and a list of possible reasons, none of which is attached to a specific person. So we're left to speculate who's guilty of misdemeanors, who's not tough enough to hack it here, and who's guilty of not liking our coach. And we have no real idea of whether any or all of those things are true or simply rumors.
              That sort of speculation about student athletes' motivations for their choices, as I understand it, is one of the things we generally try not to do on this board.
              If you read this post, you will see it's not speculation:
              Originally posted by thebluehatman
              Had a conversation with Phil McDaniel about this. All 5 players left SDSU on good terms. Polzin is looking at transferring elsewhere. Hruska, and the Slaughters' are on the USD team now. Hruska didn't want to be behind Rooney and Anderson on the depth chart. Elise left for academics and is still around the team.
              Now maybe a conversation with one of the coaches to clear up what has happened, doesn't count as the truth? I dunno but sitting down with a coach and asking him to clear up the situations sounds like the best way to get to the bottom of the situation.

Comment

Simmer down fellas!

One has to take into account that almost everything that is posted on here is from anonymous sources that can't be verified, therefore they need to be taken with a grain of salt. You could say 95% of what is on here is rumor or heresay. Some people have great sources for their info but are posting anonimously which takes the credibility away!

I think bluehat gets a pass here. Heck, if you want to talk to him, we all know where he will be tonight! However, I don't think the underage comments are appropriate even though they may be of public record.

It's a chat line, folks! The moderators will be careful about what is spread around this website and will put a stop to things that are inappropriate.

That all being said, I'm off to hide in my little corner of cyberspace!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think it's only natural that we're discussing player departures for the VB team because we have seen such a high number of departures from the men's basketball team. Even if it's not appropriate, many here ask for reasons because most of the board members love SDSU and want to know what can changes can be made to improve the university and the experience that student-athletes receive here.

As for incidents that make the public record, student-athletes (along with SA members, RAs, and other student leaders) here need to realize that they have a higher profile than the typical student and that their mistakes will be given more scrutiny because of their increased profile. It's part of the responsiblity of being a student-athlete (or a student leader) at a D-I university. That's why Gilbert's trial received statewide attention and the Duke lacrosse incident got national press. This board shouldn't be a place to air out the dirty laundry about the personal lives of student-athletes, but if their behavior reaches the public record, then all bets are likely off becuase that person(s) failed to meet the responsiblities of being a student-athlete at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    I think it's only natural that we're discussing player departures for the VB team because we have seen such a high number of departures from the men's basketball team. Even if it's not appropriate, many here ask for reasons because most of the board members love SDSU and want to know what can changes can be made to improve the university and the experience that student-athletes receive here.

As for incidents that make the public record, student-athletes (along with SA members, RAs, and other student leaders) here need to realize that they have a higher profile than the typical student and that their mistakes will be given more scrutiny because of their increased profile. It's part of the responsiblity of being a student-athlete (or a student leader) at a D-I university. That's why Gilbert's trial received statewide attention and the Duke lacrosse incident got national press. This board shouldn't be a place to air out the dirty laundry about the personal lives of student-athletes, but if their behavior reaches the public record, then all bets are likely off becuase that person(s) failed to meet the responsiblities of being a student-athlete at SDSU.
                    Good points.

Underage consumption alone is not likely to relate in dismissal from a program. Its a fairly common infraction and should not be taken likely but viewed as an opportunity to correct poor judgement. Talking about it on a web forum is a waste of time but its also harmless.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

*From the Moderator

The last post crossed the line and has been removed.  Keep in mind that this is a board that anyone can view. Including children.  This thread is locked.

Comment

Working...
                      X