Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs USD

Originally posted by rabbits View Post
    Well said gojacks89, time to stop making excuses for this coach. Not sure who JimmyJack's source is, but pretty sure his comments are not 100% accurate.

I'm not quoting a source. I'm just reporting my perception of how things are approached on campus by people in positions to make these kinds of decisions.

I am on campus every day and talk to people from all parts of the university. I have heard precisely zero concern about the coach. Zero. We'd all like them to win more, and I believe they will. But SDSU is just not the kind of place where coaches are judged only on their win-loss records. Campus leadership matters. Student outcomes matter. Academics matter.

I can certainly understand everybody's frustration. But there is a bigger picture here. That's all I'm saying.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

SDSU beats NDSU to go to 10-6 in the league.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...40/1002/SPORTS
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        SDSU beats NDSU to go to 10-6 in the league.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...40/1002/SPORTS
        And in case you don't read the article...please remember that NDSU was leading the conference until we beat them Saturday night. Since we lost both our coach and assistant coach late in the year (thanks Andrew), and with the cupboard bare (including taking one of our returning starters with him to Washington), I don't think it's very responsible to be talking about replacing the coach in her third year here. We may not make the conference tourney, but a win over Oral Roberts would cement it. If that doesn't happen (with only one senior seeing major playing time this year...NDSU had three senior starters), she will still be moving the program up this year. (BTW, however, Ketty Cornneman was very instrumental in Saturday night's win!)

As for Saturday night...WAY TO GO Jack volleyballers...you were awesome! (BTW, Ketty Cornneman, a senior in her first/last year on the team, was very instrumental in Saturday night's win!)

Comment

HUGE CONGRATS to SDSU VB on win over NDSU. That was a fun match to watch and the team that showed up for the Jacks Saturday night was as good as any in the league.

No one wants to see Nana fired. Just that it's time to quit making excuses about Palileo leaving 3 years ago. This is totally Nana's team and they are starting to perform. Kudos to the staff and players.

PLEASE------QUIT WHINING about the past and lets enjoy the present and the future.

GO JACKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
            Can we please quit making this about the last coach. This coach is in her 3rd year and has groomed all of these players in HER system. If they can't finish that's on her. They are average at best. Can they compete with the best in the league, YES but they are horribly inconsistent. Pretty sure the old assistant is pretty happy where he is, top 50 RPI. That doesn't mean he would have won at SDSU though. Pretty sure Coach Allison-Brewer has "RUN OFF" her fair share of coaches in her short tenure as well. Time for this team to put up. It has nothing to do with her and her husband being liked by the campus community, it has to do with or SHOULD have to do with whether her teams win or not. This isn't high school, it's DIVISION I. Justin Sell is about winning and he won't stand for watching Jackrabbit teams not making the post-season.

Go Jacks!!
            Hard to read this post and reconcile it with your last...assume you meant that if the Jacks don't get into the playoffs, Justin Sell should get rid of her. Glad nobody wants to see the coach fired! My comments were intended to indicate a trend that I think has been positive after starting from scratch. IMO that's like saying, hey, you had two years to get things going...if you don't make the playoffs this year, you are out of here. Personally believe that's not a very responsible or realistic assessment at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              And in case you don't read the article...please remember that NDSU was leading the conference until we beat them Saturday night. Since we lost both our coach and assistant coach late in the year (thanks Andrew), and with the cupboard bare (including taking one of our returning starters with him to Washington), I don't think it's very responsible to be talking about replacing the coach in her third year here. We may not make the conference tourney, but a win over Oral Roberts would cement it. If that doesn't happen (with only one senior seeing major playing time this year...NDSU had three senior starters), she will still be moving the program up this year. (BTW, however, Ketty Cornneman was very instrumental in Saturday night's win!)

As for Saturday night...WAY TO GO Jack volleyballers...you were awesome! (BTW, Ketty Cornneman, a senior in her first/last year on the team, was very instrumental in Saturday night's win!)
              Quick question---- Since the last coach recruited Fiegen and Youngren does he get credit for the Jacks getting back to the Summit League tourney. I mean since he was blamed for the losses. Just checking.

GO JACKS!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X