X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    well??? what can you say about Tuesday?

Ok St is the highest ranked team on our schedule this year, so we should have expected them to be tough, NO DOUBT! did we expect to get outscored 21-2 in 11 innings for the two game combined.

through 5 1/2 innings we were down 2-4 and playing competitive. Ok St got hot in the bottom of the 6th and did not take their foot off the gas the rest of the night. plenty of credit to our opponent!! would have been nice to at least put up a competitive score in one of the games

on to Fayetteville, the Jacks gauntlet continues with a game vs #14 Arkansas beginning at 4pm today

Arkansas is 13-3
    UNO had two at least somewhat competitive games with the hogs, losing 9-2 and 5-2 two weeks ago
    Arkansas avenged 2 of their 3 losses splitting with Arizona two weeks agao
    last week they lost a matchup with a respectable Wichita St team and then turned around and beat them 15-4. they followed that with another double digit victory, so they were hot to end last week

Jackrabbits single season HR record holder (19 HR in back to back seasons) Cylie Halvorson has started every game for Arkansas. she is batting .326 with 16 hits, 4 doubles, and 4 HR. she is second on the team in HR and slugging percent

we play Arkansas 2x this weekend. I believe the Jacks can make these competitive games!, we also play 2 games against Florida Atlantic and 2 more against Southeast Missouri

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    double header with Ok St starts at 4 today

disappointing loss on Sunday. Jacks were in good position to get the win, go 3 games over .500, and head into Stillwater with some nice momentum

starting today the Jacks have 11 games against 5 teams ranked in the top 20 over the next two and a half weeks.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    TK makes another strong showing in game one today. hopefully she is getting into her groove! TK dominates a UCA team that was EXCELLENT last year and the Jacks get game one.

solid performance from everyone in game two vs Purdue and the Jacks go undefeated on the day.

Jacks go for their first 3 game win streak of the season tomorrow morning. hoping we get TK in the circle again, but i could imagine someone else getting the start since UCA saw TK today

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Nope I was wrong. UNO beat N Illinois in their opening week. S Illinois is actually off to a strong start at 6-2 with wins over Creighton and Iowa. losing 3-4 is not a bad loss, but these are the games the Jacks definitely need to start winning if they want to have any shot at an at large bid if needed, or more importantly to improve their seeding and chances to win a regional

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    well there is no way for us to know it, but I felt like the BB numbers for our pitchers last week were suspicious. It does not prove that i was right to be suspicious, but TK stats looked a LOT more like TK today. complete game vs Purdue, ZERO walks (11 in only 5 innings last time out), and 13 Ks!!, gave up 3 hits today and 1 hit batter and 1 earned run

bats also were good today and the Jacks knock off Purdue 5-1 in the week 3 opener

Jacks play S Illinois at 6pm. i dont want to look it up at this moment, but i am pretty sure UNO beat SIU pretty comfortably in their opening week. i also think i remember that K Meyer pitched in that game, obviously we will not be pitching our ace later today

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

hey JD saturday is a long time and quite a few rabbits sporting events ago for an old brain like mine to remember precisely)) haha
    but as I recall, my comment was made at the end of 5 innings. so there is a way to have 6 hits in 5 innings and only manage one run. most likely the one run came in the only inning with more than one hit
    Sorry, I guess that's a lot to keep in the old memory bank, I wasn't thinking. You do a lot and thanks for keeping us informed and up to date the best you can. Hope we can start stringing some singles, or extra base hits together more frequently.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Were all the hits singles and spread out, seems like we should drive in more than 1 on six hits.
    hey JD saturday is a long time and quite a few rabbits sporting events ago for an old brain like mine to remember precisely)) haha
    but as I recall, my comment was made at the end of 5 innings. so there is a way to have 6 hits in 5 innings and only manage one run. most likely the one run came in the only inning with more than one hit

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    TEN walks and SIX wild pitches and we had a shot to cut the lead to 2 with 2 innings to go
    Gentry and Culver back to back Ks to end 5th with the bases loaded

way to battle and at least give ourselves a chance!!!!
    down 7-1 we have 6 hits they have 3
    Were all the hits singles and spread out, seems like we should drive in more than 1 on six hits.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    TEN walks and SIX wild pitches and we had a shot to cut the lead to 2 with 2 innings to go
    Gentry and Culver back to back Ks to end 5th with the bases loaded

way to battle and at least give ourselves a chance!!!!
    down 7-1 we have 6 hits they have 3

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Emma single
    Gentry K
    come on Lindsey Culver!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    top 5
    leadoff hit by Masterson, Jocelyn singles down RF line, Mia K, Barnard BB
    BY FAR our hottest hitter of the early season Emma O up with one down and the bases full of Jackrabbits

can the Jacks turn the ship around before waiting for the second game of the day?

Lets Go Rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    here is a crazy stat
    Missouri leads 7-0
    the Jacks have more hits
    sometimes sports are crazy)))

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    no video and no audio so obviously there is a lot of information unavailable and maybe it would make no difference
    but I guess we are trying to keep Brooke from catching 2 games in one day
    she is second on the team in OPS
    third in batting average
    she has 3 doubles and 4 BBs in 6 games played
    maybe she should be starting at catcher vs the #11 team in the country and we let Conklin catch her first game ever against unranked North Texas later in the day?

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    after the 1b error another BB and an apparent seeing eye infield hit, the Tigers have the bases loaded with 2 away

i dont know if we will ever get an explanation, but somehow Shannon made an error that cleared the bases and the Tigers are now ahead 7-0
    throw the ball over the dugout?
    get hit by the ball and fall down on top of it while everyone runs around the bases?

Williams comes in for Lasey (seems like that probably should have happened after the first walk of the inning at the latest) but it might not have mattered since she immediately threw another WP and walked the first batter she faced

apparently this is gonna be one of those games to flush down the toilet and never speak about it again

hopefully the Jacks can right the ship for the second game today

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    gonna give this one away it seems((
    2 more walks to the first two batters in the 3rd
    2 more WPs
    Missouri gets their first two hits and scores 2 runs so far
    Culver saved one run throwing a runner out at the plate from LF after Missouri got their first hit of the game

runner on 3b with 2 outs. Missouri batter fouls off 3 pitches with 2 strikes (second batter of the inning to foul off 3 pitches with 2 strikes) Lasey gets a grounder to SS and we get a error by 1b

4-0 Missouri
    so far we have gotten 8 outs in this game and we have
    7 BB
    5 WP
    1 error
    gonna need a bit of a miracle to knock off the #11 team in the country when we give them that much help

Leave a comment:

Working...
X