Fall Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Ball

I haven’t been able to keep track of any of the happenings this fall. Is there anything noteworthy?

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    I haven’t been able to keep track of any of the happenings this fall. Is there anything noteworthy?
    they played a couple local schools and then last weekend went down to KC and played arkansas, nebraska, and wichita state. but there is never any information regarding results for the games. i would love to know if anyone knows how they went

lots of the freshman and juco transfers from the 22-23 season left the program so there is very little experienced depth. also dont know much about this years incoming group. fairly big in numbers i believe, but from what i saw there was not a lot of juice. hopefully that is wrong they are gonna have some big BIG shoes to fill after this season

Comment

Looks like they beat Jordyn Bahl and Nebraska 1-0. However, were beatdown by Arkansas 19-0 giving up 6 homeruns. 4 of those were by Bri Ellis, including two grand slams. Cylie Halvorson also had one.

https://hogville.net/pig-trail-natio...-fallapalooza/

Comment

Well, let's hope the younguns step it up in a big way! Outside of Tori we are going to need more consistant pitching as well.

Comment

I see that Brittany Gomez-Olson isn’t on the coaching staff anymore… curious on if anyone knows the reasoning?

I am hoping it was her decision not Sweeney’s, and I think her husband (Ryan Olson SDSU O-Line) is a great coach and I was hoping to keep them both around for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            I see that Brittany Gomez-Olson isn’t on the coaching staff anymore… curious on if anyone knows the reasoning?

I am hoping it was her decision not Sweeney’s, and I think her husband (Ryan Olson SDSU O-Line) is a great coach and I was hoping to keep them both around for a long time.
            i am sorry that i cannot recall (definitively) WHAT the reason was / is but feel confident i remember hearing it was her decision. pretty sure she wanted to pursue goals outside of coaching. agree with you that i was hoping that she would stay longer but wish her the best!!

Comment

Coach Gomez Olson had a baby last February and decided to step down and spend more time being a mother. She is doing private coaching on the side.

Comment

Working...
              X