• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woof, not ideal.

Comment

BYU up on Maryland 6-0 as well.

Comment

good inning from Alexa and the D in bottom of 3

Jocelyn hits one to the wall to start the 4th, get 2 on, but cannot come up with another hit

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          Woof, not ideal.
          guessing you meant Shannon struggling to find the zone before exiting

but i still think this was good to get in a game before having to pitch a do or die game tomorrow. yes it was ugly today but i think she will be fine tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

guessing you meant Shannon struggling to find the zone before exiting

but i still think this was good to get in a game before having to pitch a do or die game tomorrow. yes it was ugly today but i think she will be fine tomorrow
            Yeah, walks always seem to bite a team.

Comment

i cannot find an updated bracket and i have not heard anything from the announcer, but i see Tarleton sitting in the stands watching. i guess that means they won this morning and we will play them if we drop this one

Comment

Tarleton did win.

Comment

overall we played pretty well
                  could not get the 3rd out in the bottom of the first
                  and got squeezed, then frustrated or shaken, and could not find strike zone in the second

Alexa was very solid in the circle
                  the Defense was excellent
                  offense showed good signs
                  Jocelyn was on the first 3 times she was up. got out the final AB on a ball she smoked right at 3b

batting order really should not be setup in a way so that one of your best power hitters and overall hitters is standing on deck for the final out when the batter has not been consistently hitting the ball with authority for a good month. not sure why the lineup does not better reflect the evidence about who our best hitters are

well we have Tarleton again at 4pm i think. that is what the bracket says, 3 mountain time, but i think the announcer said 4 mountain time

Comment

Tarleton did win.
                    obviously i was writing when you were writing. would be interesting to know what Tarleton is thinking. are they thinking we are finally gonna get them? i will leave it at that. i wrote something else here a second ago but my superstition told me to erase it

Comment

our updated schedule on gojacks says we play at 4pm CT

Comment

Jacks leading 10-1 after 3 full
                        i feel like i would be taking TK out of the game to get her as much rest as possible before the 10am game tomorrow

Comment

Jacks win 11-1 in 5 innings

play BYU tomorrow 10am CT

just to clear something brought up earlier
                          TK has now started 29 games this year (pretty sure she has completed 22 of those, which might be leading the country in complete games) in 16 of those games the Jacks have scored 3 or less runs and 13 of those it is 2 or less
                          the record in those games is 12-4. all 4 losses we scored zero runs (OU, OSU, and two games in the SLT usd and uno)

Comment

TK threw 14 straight innings against Omaha. If I'm coach, I say "what ya think, you got this?" If she says a "F" yeah, let her rock and roll the whole day. After tomorrow she can rest. IDK, just a musing.

Comment

TK threw 14 straight innings against Omaha. If I'm coach, I say "what ya think, you got this?" If she says a "F" yeah, let her rock and roll the whole day. After tomorrow she can rest. IDK, just a musing.
                              i dont disagree with you but i think i will be a bit surprised if they go that route

we play at 10am. i think we have to guess she is starting that one. no sense saving her for a game that might not happen!! if we could score early and often maybe you could pull her. but either way we will have some time before the final that the winner of the second game will NOT have. i am very inclined to do what you are saying and if she feels good let her start the final and go as long as she can

but my guess is they start Shannon, who i think will be ready after getting to shake the rust off today, and then they will have TK ready to go whenever they feel they need her

one thought- what is the elevation in Ft Collins?? is that having any impact on any of the players??

Comment

I agree with this, BYU seems pretty good defeating Maryland rather easily. About the last game we played against Tarleton St , I was reading the stats and read 11 runs and only 9 RBI's, and I asked myself "how's that happen?" I found an excellent article that explains it rather simply (that helps) , thought i'd pass it along and ask if you can think of any other ways a run scores without an RBI being given.

Comment

Working...
                                X