X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ UMKC for the weekend

12pm and 2pm today

Jacks leading 1-0 after batting in the top of the first
    Jarecki triple (hard to see from the camera angle but likely misplayed by RF)
    Yoder well hit ball deep but more or less straight at CF caught but easy tag and score for Jarecki

good thing that apparently none of us who care about uniforms are paying much attention to softball
    the team has new uniforms this year tops and bottoms blue with white pinstripes and white letters and numbers

personally i find them very disagreeable, but today they have managed to go above and beyond
    we have the pinstriped tops but with all black pants. they are aesthetically unpleasing. i will leave it at that

OH BTW Former Jacks assistant Kiki Stokes is now the HC at UMKC
    so apparently she was looking for a move from Upper Iowa
    did she get an interview for the Jacks opening?? i have to say i am pretty surprised she was not hired by the Jacks

I was wondering to myself if increased ball speed has a greater affect on ball movement, spin rate being the same, since game two is kind of a blowout. I was surprised it's not really, it's more of where it breaks, faster ball with same spin rate breaks later, which is when you want it. I thought why continue to be a dummy on these things and found this article by very knowledgeable fellows (and gals??) very interesting. Maybe some others will find it a rather interesting discussion read too. Now, back to Gm two, Jacks just miss getting an early win by the 12 run rule as Roos coming back in the third and scoring 3 in the third to cut the lead to 11, 14-3 Jacks. By the way LGR, my favorite softball uniforms are the all black with royal blue accents and the very colorful leggings (socks??) with the 3 yellow stripes on top.Hope the women's basketball team comes up with better uniforms than the ones they used last season, not a fan of the two tone uni's divided by some crazy angled line. That's just me .
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-29-2023, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Jacks do win kinda early in 5 innings by the 8 run rule in game two. Nice opening for the 3 game series winning first two.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        I was wondering to myself if increased ball speed has a greater affect on ball movement, spin rate being the same, since game two is kind of a blowout. I was surprised it's not really, it's more of where it breaks, faster ball with same spin rate breaks later, which is when you want it. I thought why continue to be a dummy on these things and found this article by very knowledgeable fellows (and gals??) very interesting. Maybe some others will find it a rather interesting discussion read too. Now, back to Gm two, Jacks just miss getting an early win by the 12 run rule as Roos coming back in the third and scoring 3 in the third to cut the lead to 11, 14-3 Jacks. By the way LGR, my favorite softball uniforms are the all black with royal blue accents and the very colorful leggings (socks??) with yellow accents.
        UNFORTUNATELY, if i am speaking freely, i am really not much of a fan of any of our softball uniforms. boring but i guess, for me, the home whites are the best. but i definitely am not a fan of the blue with pinstripes. i am honestly not a big fan of pinstripes, but if you have to have pinstripes, I think they are better on a white uniform. are the black pants today the same pants they wear with your favorite uniform?? i am guessing they are, but for some reason i am wondering if we also have black pants with some kind of a stripe on the side (dont know why that is stuck in my head. i hignly doubt we have two different black pants)

i wouldn't normally go on so much about uniforms, but the baseball team just had an unwatchable inning(((( i was trying to wash it out of my mind..... didnt work- YUCK

Comment

Working...
        X