Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid season schedule changes (playing #1 OU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in case you did not know
    jacks had a DH with Baylor today. depending on what poll i think they are ranked 20/21

jacks take the first game 5-2
    finally scored in the first inning to set a different tone
    i think that CAN have an impact on both teams, but i think when you are the little guy playing the ranked team it tells the umpires that you deserve to be there and unfortunately i think that does matter far too often

game 2 starts in about 30 minutes

TK a complete game
    Roz with 2 hits and the sac fly rbi in the top of the first
    4 run rally in top of 4

baylor had bases loaded in bottom of six with no outs. jacks held them to 2

Comment

you can actually watch the game
      if you go on our website and click the LISTEN link
      then select LISTEN on the web
      where the game is listed there is a camera symbol
      if you click that you get i believe a facebook link that allows you to see the game

Comment

if you go in the way i said. you can turn on the sound on the video and turn off the initial listen link or the audio and video will be off quite a bit

or you can try this link

Baylor Softball vs. South Dakota State | Facebook

Comment

well opposite of the first game, this time we are down 0-1 after the first.

i dont know if i want to do it but i guess i could go back over the play by plays ( i think i can find it for every game but maybe not )

i am really curious how many times we have used a bunt to move a runner from first to second that we have ended up scoring that runner when the bunt was needed. i remember bunting a girl over and then getting a homer or extra base hit where she would have scored anyway. i cannot remember very many of the other kind

i really am not a fan of the bunt with nobody out and the top of our order up. our top 3-5 hitters are our best hitters. unless there is a lot of evidence for getting that run when we would not otherwise i hate taking the bat out of their hands

probably / possibly just a difference of philosophy i guess but the evidence is available

Comment

top of 2 jacks go down in order on 3 Ks. although the second one to yoder could have gone either way on a full count.

but in my mind that backs up my point. Emma O is probably our best hitter on the year. for sure one of our best 2 or 3. and we had her bunt and then get 5 consecutive outs. if we let her hit maybe we move the runner to 3rd with no outs instead of second with one. and she scores on almost any ball in play except to the pitcher

Comment

if you are not watching i would suggest you take a look just to see the field. beautiful field))

reminds me of my days coaching in san antonio. our district high school football field was a work of art

careful though baylor unis will make you think of ndsu

Comment

still 0-1 going to the bottom (baylor) half of 3. baylor top of order coming up

about 30 degrees warmer than 2 nights ago in norman
                coaches are wearing shorts and no long sleeves like everyone had in norman

Comment

Any word on Glanzer?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    Any word on Glanzer?
                    i did hear something just the other day. but i dont feel like i have nearly enough facts to pass it on. sorry i am NOT trying to say na na na na boo boo i know something you dont. i promise i am not!! i hate that!! i simply do not trust what i have heard enough to feel it is appropriate to pass it on. sorry

i hope she comes back soon!!

the girls finally started conference play yesterday and today after a very long off time due to an incident at WIU

i guess STU might feel better even though they got outscored 14-1 for the 3 games

they did get 3 hits against TK in 2 games. last year she threw 2 no hitters against them and had 33 Ks in 12 innings

i really cannot tell what i think about where they are at right now. i will just say we will have to see what the rest of the season brings

they really do NOT look good when you compare the stats to the last 2 years
                    BUT they also did play 7 games against teams rated in the top 25 in the country. and despite winning only one they were mostly competitive

Comment

Working...
                    X