No announcement yet.

Coaching Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Coach McSweeney is bringing along a couple of recruits who had committed to her at Arkansas Tech. According to their Twitter accounts, JUCO outfielder Mariah Wheeler (3 years to play) and HS infielder Bailey Way (4 years to play) are following her to Brookings. Looks like they played together in the same summer program.

Comment

Wheeler hit .458 with 14 homeruns, 8 doubles, and 56 RBIs in her freshman year at powerhouse Butler CC. Way was a multiple time 1st team all-state player, and hit .647 with 8 doubles, 11 triples, 4 homeruns, and 17 stolen bases as a junior.

Comment

Looks like Way played hurt and had hip surgery after her senior season.

Comment

WOW guys that seems like some extra good detective work)) maybe it is simpler than i would understand with my limited use and knowledge of social media. but i am impressed

I DID NOT attempt to check on ALL the incoming recruits, but if they are all on board, i thought we had a class of 9 coming in. so this would make it 11. i think that would give us a roster of 25

as i have said before projecting high school players and recruits into college players is a pretty tough science. the MOST knowledgeable EXPERTS miss on LOTS of players!!

but those 2 sound pretty good

of the other incoming, i really only tried to keep track of Kaelan Schultz, the all time HR leader in state of NE and aau teammate of Dumont, Jarecki, and Jordy Bahl. again could be wrong, but my impression gives me incredibly high hopes for her!!!

also the juco pitcher, Flanagan, sounds very impressive!! as far as i can tell they are both still headed to brookings. seems like plenty of potential with the whole group! it will be very interesting to see if they all show up

Comment

Working...
          X