AL/TV Early Recruiting Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL/TV Early Recruiting Story

Thought this article may create some chatter on the board as I know that recruiting is one of the more popular subjects day in, day out.

Nagy's opinion does make sense, in that of course this rule would very-much benefit the more elite programs.
    Boot's opinion is one of a coach that hasn't been recruiting in D-I as a low mid-major very long, IMHO of course.

I can possibly agree with the opinion that this rule would MAYBE take some of the pressure off the high school athlete...again...MAYBE.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...11/1002/sports

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: AL/TV Early Recruiting Story

I agree with Nagy. It seems like a lot of the big schools break the rules anyway and would only hurt schools that would follow the rules. USC comes to mind when talking about breaking rules.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
      I agree with Nagy. It seems like a lot of the big schools break the rules anyway and would only hurt schools that would follow the rules. USC comes to mind when talking about breaking rules.
      Along the same lines, it's the coaches at these schools. Do we not think the same issues following John Cal. at Memphis won't be showing up at Kentucky? When in doubt, just move to a new school and start the next round of NCAA investigations.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Although this will certainly effect men's programs, I think this will be a bigger deal in the women's game. Across the country, High school players verbally committing early is more common on the women's side.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
          Along the same lines, it's the coaches at these schools. Do we not think the same issues following John Cal. at Memphis won't be showing up at Kentucky? When in doubt, just move to a new school and start the next round of NCAA investigations.
          Absolutely agree.

Calipari is a cheater...plain and simple.

Look at UMass and Memphis. Kentucky WILL be dealing with the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
            So, are you saying you want to be mentioned in the same breath as USC?

Comment

Working...
            X