Summit Future Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Future Schedules

The Summit League future basketball schedules for the next two years are out. (tentative?). In 2010 we open the conference with NDSU on Dec 4 at home and end the conference with NDSU. UMKC and USD are travel partners in 2011-2012. We open at home again on Dec 3 against NDSU and close at NDSU. On Wed. Dec 28 we play at USD followed on Sat at UMKC. Sat Jan 28 we play USD at home which may be a dh with the women. We finish again at NDSU. The SUU road trip now includes ORU in 2011-2012.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf8/684788.pdf

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf8/678715.pdf

Re: Summit Future Schedules

A little disappointed the first game against USD (at least according to Summit schedules) is going to be played in Vermillion. Of course it should be, considering they were right about that whole move to DI thing. Sorry for smackish comment.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      A little disappointed the first game against USD (at least according to Summit schedules) is going to be played in Vermillion. Of course it should be, considering they were right about that whole move to DI thing. Sorry for smackish comment.

It's better to have that Dec 28th came in Vermtown, as it is over X-mas break.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        The Summit League future basketball schedules for the next two years are out. (tentative?). In 2010 we open the conference with NDSU on Dec 4 at home and end the conference with NDSU. UMKC and USD are travel partners in 2011-2012. We open at home again on Dec 3 against NDSU and close at NDSU. On Wed. Dec 28 we play at USD followed on Sat at UMKC. Sat Jan 28 we play USD at home which may be a dh with the women. We finish again at NDSU. The SUU road trip now includes ORU in 2011-2012.

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf8/684788.pdf

https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf8/678715.pdf

I would also recommend the make teh Jan 28th a day/night doubleheader, make it a real big event, and a possiblity of doubling ticket sales. For instance a 2PM women's game and a 7:30PM Men's game.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
          I would also recommend the make teh Jan 28th a day/night doubleheader, make it a real big event, and a possiblity of doubling ticket sales. For instance a 2PM women's game and a 7:30PM Men's game.

that would give us a couple hrs to go to cubbys and get primed for the mens game.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            Or charge $20 for GA, and make an event out of it with -real- entertainment between the games, instead of the "uh, gee, Tony, what do you wanna do?" nature of the mid-game break today.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              Or charge $20 for GA, and make an event out of it with -real- entertainment between the games, instead of the "uh, gee, Tony, what do you wanna do?" nature of the mid-game break today.
              I am curious as to what your ideas would be for "between game" entertainment (just to avoid a misinterpretation, I'm not being sarcastic), because I am involved in sport marketing and I am interested in hearing others' opinions on the matter.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                I am curious as to what your ideas would be for "between game" entertainment (just to avoid a misinterpretation, I'm not being sarcastic), because I am involved in sport marketing and I am interested in hearing others' opinions on the matter.
                I'm afraid I'm not one to ask on this, as I've got no experience in sports marketing, so I don't know what different types of entertainment there are, what they're called, etc.

It would seem that inviting the audience to sign up for a game 2 contest, selecting game 1 audience members to participate in an on-court contest during the break, staging recognition events, or even offering a discount at the concession stand would be -something- to keep people involved.

A special program by the pep band (not unlike the Pride's carefully scripted halftime shows) would be something. Give the pep band center stage for a 15-20 minute medley of some sort. There are only 4 or 5 doubleheaders in a typical season, so it may be feasible to do something special for them.

Also, all the DHs are sponsored or affiliated (IIRC), so there's another potential source of diversion

Just about anything would be better than the current dead time between games.

I think that the department's commitment to double header games is awesome. Nobody else in the conference is doing it, and nobody in the conference has the parity between men's and women's attendance to make the women's game into a meaningful part of the experience. I LOVE doubleheaders, and I think the only thing missing is the entertainment between games.

IMO that would definitely cement the DH as a single 'event', as a 'whole', as opposed to two related parts.

Comment

I'm afraid I'm not one to ask on this, as I've got no experience in sports marketing, so I don't know what different types of entertainment there are, what they're called, etc.

It would seem that inviting the audience to sign up for a game 2 contest, selecting game 1 audience members to participate in an on-court contest during the break, staging recognition events, or even offering a discount at the concession stand would be -something- to keep people involved.

A special program by the pep band (not unlike the Pride's carefully scripted halftime shows) would be something. Give the pep band center stage for a 15-20 minute medley of some sort. There are only 4 or 5 doubleheaders in a typical season, so it may be feasible to do something special for them.

Also, all the DHs are sponsored or affiliated (IIRC), so there's another potential source of diversion

Just about anything would be better than the current dead time between games.

I think that the department's commitment to double header games is awesome. Nobody else in the conference is doing it, and nobody in the conference has the parity between men's and women's attendance to make the women's game into a meaningful part of the experience. I LOVE doubleheaders, and I think the only thing missing is the entertainment between games.

IMO that would definitely cement the DH as a single 'event', as a 'whole', as opposed to two related parts.
                  Oh, you definitely don't have to be a sport marketer to have a good idea or two, and some of those ideas seem feasible enough.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

A special program by the pep band (not unlike the Pride's carefully scripted halftime shows) would be something. Give the pep band center stage for a 15-20 minute medley of some sort.
                    How about a Saturday night sing-along/Karaoke Night at Frost? Have the pep band play, put the Lyrics on the video display & pick student groups to be 'song leaders' with a mic on the floor. Make it a contest for the students to see who can get the most people to join in. I think it would be cool to hear 4000+ fans in Frost singing along to Sweet Caroline, Fishin in the Dark, Joy to the World, & other's. It could be done between games, halftime of games, or possibly even during a long time-out.

Put the Lyrics up when the band plays 'Ring the Bells', maybe some of the old farts would even join in.

Comment

I would imagine the hard part of planning entertainment between games is that the MBB teams are stretching, shooting, and warming up ON THE COURT for a majority of the hour that is available.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

They do show the lyrics to Ring the Bells, but only on the high boards at the ends of the court.

I like the idea of a singalong type thing. Only thing is, I think the student'd have to face the S section, as the N side might not be as gung-ho about standing up and belting out the 'bum-bum-bum's to Sweet Caroline.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          I would imagine the hard part of planning entertainment between games is that the MBB teams are stretching, shooting, and warming up ON THE COURT for a majority of the hour that is available.
                          IIRC, they only get 20 minutes??

One of the difficulties, though, is that you don't know how much time you're going to have--there's a minimum of, I think, 40 or 45 minutes between games--if the WBB game runs till 7 (which it has on occasion, thank you very much Summit League refs!), the men's game starts at like 8:45, but the men aren't on the court the full length of that time.

I suspect that's for the media members.

Comment

Maybe because I am there with a 10 year old, but I don't recall there being a dead time between games. After you get done with bathroom break and get a soda or dish of ice cream or some other concession, it seemed like we were always rushing to get back to our seats for the tip of game 2. Never have enough time to do much chatting with other fans about the first game.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              Maybe because I am there with a 10 year old
                              In other words, you bring your entertainment to the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X