• Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Nagy Dancing

Nagy & Lesli won.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Nagy & Lesli won.
      Congratulations to Nagy's. I think this is one time where Ms Nagy called the shots and the moves. Coach just followed. It just shows, Coach Nagy is a coachable coach.

Comment

I'm more interested in seeing the moves coach Nagy has on the recruiting trail this year.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I'm more interested in seeing the moves coach Nagy has on the recruiting trail this year.
          Well, somebody's woken up with a case of the Mondays . . .

Personally, I think it's a positive thing all the way around that Nagy is "letting his hair down" a bit. I think he's got a (possibly well earned) reputation of being (maybe a bit too) tightly wound and intense (remember the "he yells at his players too much" discussions from a while back?).

Now, you want a coach to be intense, but on the other hand I can also see how a reputation--or a caricature of a reputation--might possibly chase off an otherwise interested recruit. Balancing that out with a bit of fun--balance generally in life--is rarely a bad thing.

If you were a recruit, would you prefer to play for a guy who can occasionally have some fun, or someone who's Mr. Dour all the time?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Well, somebody's woken up with a case of the Mondays . . .

Personally, I think it's a positive thing all the way around that Nagy is "letting his hair down" a bit. I think he's got a (possibly well earned) reputation of being (maybe a bit too) tightly wound and intense (remember the "he yells at his players too much" discussions from a while back?).

Now, you want a coach to be intense, but on the other hand I can also see how a reputation--or a caricature of a reputation--might possibly chase off an otherwise interested recruit. Balancing that out with a bit of fun--balance generally in life--is rarely a bad thing.

If you were a recruit, would you prefer to play for a guy who can occasionally have some fun, or someone who's Mr. Dour all the time?
            Lighten up Alice. I think it's great Nagy has shown another side of himself and congratulations on winning the dance competition, but personally with an abundance of open scholarships I had hoped to be reading more about who is joining the team to provide depth than Nagy showing he is going to become the next MC Hammer.

Comment

Often times a coach just can't win with certain groups of fans. Those unhappy souls have my sympathy.

On topic, I think that Nagy's participation in something like this is a great PR move by the coach. It attaches a face to the "name." Perhaps word of mouth about the fun he had will bring a few more students out to support him and the men's team.

IMO, seeing a coach do things like this is what makes college athletics so great.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

BINGO! It was one of the best times that I can remeber where the players and coaches were interacting with so many students who probably didn't know a thing about our mens program before he chose to participate. I think it was a good move! If we hadn't lost four players right before the competition this would be a non issue.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Coach Nagy and his dance partner donated the $250 they won to Samaritans Feet.

Comment

and there he is:

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                      and there he is:

This photo needs to be his official press release photo next year.

Comment

Good job Coach and cold coaching Mrs. Coach.

Comment

If the logistics could be worked out, I think that a Dancing with the Stars consisting of all the head coaches at State would be a crowd favorite as well. Who wouldn't want to see Nagy, Stig, AJ, DeHaven, and Liles in a dance off?

Perhaps it would be a great fundraiser for the local charities that the Athletic Department supports.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            If the logistics could be worked out, I think that a Dancing with the Stars consisting of all the head coaches at State would be a crowd favorite as well. Who wouldn't want to see Nagy, Stig, AJ, DeHaven, and Liles in a dance off?

Perhaps it would be a great fundraiser for the local charities that the Athletic Department supports.
                            My money's on DeHaven. He's an entertainer at heart.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                            X