Nov 21 Sagarin Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 21 Sagarin Rankings

SDSU men ranked 226, just ahead of Montana at 227.  Others of some interest:  NDSU 280; Northern Colorado, 319.  

Of course, it's early...we'll climb.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkt0506.htm

Re: Nov 21 Sagarin Rankings

The women are ranked at 112 after their first two games.   The link is below.  

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Colorado State an opponent this week end is ranked 140 and UC Irvine another week end opponent is ranked 275.  Colorado State has not played yet so the ranking for them is based on earlier years.

NDSU after two defeats is ranked 287.  

When I checked before the first game, the women were ranked 332 because they didn't play enought games against D I teams last year to be in the rankings last year.  Quite a move up based on two games.

It will interesting to see the changes for both men and women in the Sagarin rankings during the year.  I expect both to move up considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74
      The women are ranked at 112 after their first two games. The link is below.

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Colorado State an opponent this week end is ranked 140 and UC Irvine another week end opponent is ranked 275. Colorado State has not played yet so the ranking for them is based on earlier years.

NDSU after two defeats is ranked 287.

When I checked before the first game, the women were ranked 332 because they didn't play enought games against D I teams last year to be in the rankings last year. Quite a move up based on two games.

It will interesting to see the changes for both men and women in the Sagarin rankings during the year. I expect both to move up considerably.
      The good news: our Rating is one more than Stetson's. The bad news: Stetson lost to the Lady Vols 83-33 in the season opener.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Just goes to show the importance of strength of schedule!!! Particularly this early in the season.

Comment

If my memory serves me - I think our womens team finished around 65 last year.

Comment

After the Jackrabbit Women's team beat Nebraska last weekend 68-49 then Nebraska turns around and beats Creighton 84-50 on Monday night. This tells me that we are head and shoulders above many Division I teams this year. I have seen the Jackrabbit Women referred to as "road warriors." We are not only beating some major conference teams but we are beating them on the road because of our schedule these first two years. If we continue to improve as the season goes along then our RPI will also. I believe we have a real shot at making the WNIT. That would be a trip.
            I went to the 2003 National Championship game in St Joseph. It was like a home game for the Jacks. All the people and all the energy. Northern Kentucky never had a chance. If we end up in the WNIT, I would not envy the team the Jacks would play that night.
            Go Blue!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKRP
              After the Jackrabbit Women's team beat Nebraska last weekend 68-49 then Nebraska turns around and beats Creighton 84-50 on Monday night. This tells me that we are head and shoulders above many Division I teams this year. I have seen the Jackrabbit Women referred to as "road warriors." We are not only beating some major conference teams but we are beating them on the road because of our schedule these first two years. If we continue to improve as the season goes along then our RPI will also. I believe we have a real shot at making the WNIT. That would be a trip.
              I went to the 2003 National Championship game in St Joseph. It was like a home game for the Jacks. All the people and all the energy. Northern Kentucky never had a chance. If we end up in the WNIT, I would not envy the team the Jacks would play that night.
              Go Blue!!!!
              I was there in St. Joseph, too. That was an amazing performance from an amazing group of athletes.

I think the goal for this team is not to simply make the WNIT field, but to host one or more games. I think this group of athletes can do it, if they take care of business.

Go Rabbits!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Women up to 102, men drop to 288

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                X